Thread: Announcement -- Ownership Change

Default Announcement -- Ownership Change

Hello,

Due to some family issues I am not able to give this site the attention that it rightfully deserves.

Over the past several weeks I am sure you have noticed an increase of posts by Darkskies.

As of today, April 1st, Darkskies is now taking over the site. I have known him for over 20 years. He is a good man, who I am sure will give you excellent service. He is a dedicated fisherman, with extensive fishing and business knowledge.

Though websites are new to him, there is no doubt in my mind that he can take this site to the next level. The contact email and postal address will remain the same for the time being. If anything changes I am sure he will notify you.

I am asking that you please give him your support, refer anyone you know to come to the site, and help him make this a success.

I want to thank you for your words of wisdom, helping each other out and keeping the site up to date and full of information. Though I am no longer the owner I hope to chime in every once in a while when things settle down here at home.

For my final parting gesture, I will give away a plug to a random winner Thursday at 9:00pm. Just say "you’re in" and you will be entered.

Please continue your support to Rich - Tight Lines and Best Wishes -- BunkerJoe

Sorry to hear that Joe! I always liked the week in review you did for the fishing reports. I like Darkskies reports as well, and maybe can post some more to help you guys. I don't know a lot about all kinds of fishing you have here, but you guys helped me catch my very first keepers. I like the atmosphere here and the stories you guys put up. And I like free plugs too, I'm in!!

Thanks Joe, that was so beautiful my eyes got a bit misty. I'll do my best, gotta learn some of the vbulletin and php stuff cause I got no clue. But I love fishin, and everyone who fishes with me has a good time. Hope I can live up to the job. I'll post more latere, rain stopped and I gotta fish tonight.

Joe Thanks for starting the site, it has become a second home to many of us. Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble. If you need anything you know where to reach us.

Dark, Congrats on being a site owner. You will continue to have my support. Your reports of the shows and access restrictions are terrific. If they are any indication of what is to come, then this site will be awesome!

Default Thanks

Joe, thanks for the site and sorry about your issues.
    DarkSkies, your love of the surf and anything to do with fishing shines through in all you posts/reports and updates, they are looked forward to. I'm sure the membership will grow as more people are exposed to the site. Good job and thanks for all the time you put in.

Happy Trails

I enjoy reading the reports and the stories about individual people you guys puy up. Joe, sorry to hear all that and hope things are not too serious. Dark, I look forward to your reporting style too. I think you could take any subject (calculus, for example) and make it seem interesting to people. Keep up the good work! I will try to direct friends to this good site. You don't have the arguments I'm sick of seeing elsewhere. I would also love to win a plug, I'm in!

Good site here guys. Joe I don't know you but feel I have come to know you through your posts. Good luck with the family issues. Dark, you're ok in a Taxi Driver kind of way.

I think you will do fine running this. You can always consult with me for advice. I would be willing to waive my usual $100 hourly consultancy fee for a plug or 2. BTW, I'm in.

i wish u well joe keep your head up what dose not kill u makes u stronger and good luck to u dark and i am in now lets just go fish titelines and good fishin to all

Quote Originally Posted by bunkerjoe4 View Post
    Just say "you’re in"

"you're in"

ha ha but seriously thanks for all the hard work getting this up and going. I really enjoy my time here.

and i have full confidence in Dark. he's helped me out with a coupla issues over the years and i'm sure he will continue to do the same for everybody here.

I'm in!

Here is wishing you well Joe. You started a great site here. I think Darkskies will do a good job of continuing your legacy.

The winner of the plug is gjb1969. Congratulations! Thanks for the well wishes. PM me your address and I'll mail out the plug.

Joe, Best wishes for getting through your current hardship. You started a class site and I'm sorry to see you go. As a gesture of good will to our new fearless leader, i'm going to Home depot and buying a new orange googan bucket.

Seriously, it must be like giving up a dream but dark is a great guy and now he can do the heavy lifting; you'll always be the Godfather around here.

Joe family comes first. Best wishes to you and your family.

fluke fighter

Default change

BunkerJoe,

thank You for all your kind words,I hope you will be able to look back very soon and say WHEW,glad thats past!
    you have my best.

DarkSkies,we are with you M8,right here,right now,always!

Cheers
    R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Joe, I hope nothing but the best for you. I hope all works out well. Thank you for starting a sight that has drawn a very good group of people together.

Rich, I have no dought that you will run a great site. Congradulations!!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Joe, I know I wasn't the most respectful I could have been, but I like being here. I'm glad you don't play the infraction game. Wish you well on your family things.

Dark, you kind of irritated me when you first started posting, tooooooo many words! Why say something in 2 sentences when Dark can say it in 5? : You're welcome to come fishing anytime Rich, just give me some notice.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Sorry to hear that Joe! I always liked the week in review you did for the fishing reports. I like Darkskies reports as well, and maybe can post some more to help you guys.
    bunkerjoedude, you're ok, I liked those beginning week reports too. dark, you're still a poser who can't catch any fish!! j/k, lol. I don't need you guys to help me catch, but I'll post. Good luck dudes!!!