Thread: April 2009 Delmarva Fishing report

Hybrid View

Before I post anything else, I have to post this report. Destiny and Hunter, Rocksandreds little boy, has a fishing competition between the two of them. AAAHHHH, the childhood rivalries. Hunter caught the nice 36 1/2" striper you see above. Destiny was furious that Hunter had a bigger fish than her.

Well I picked Destiny up after school on Thursday and she asked me to make a suicide run for some stripers. How could I say no?
    We got to the spot and it didn't take long. The 1502 was bent in two and the Saltist was squeelin' with line peelin'.

I told Destiny to get the rod, I knew it was a big fish. She set the hook and all I hear was "oh lord, oh lord". The battle went on for a bit and she was gaining ground. I looked at her and she was shaking from the fight. I asked her if she was OK and she said "yes" with a grunt and a chit eatting grin.

We got the fish to the surrf and I beached it for her. She scared the chit out of me when she yelled after seeing how big it was. This is her first fish over 40". It went 40 1/2" with a 24 1/2"G.

Yes, I managed a 33", but Destiny was "top hook" that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1236.jpg   HPIM1237.jpg  

HPIM1238.jpg   HPIM1240.jpg  

Beautiful fish, guys!!!

Man how fortunate you guys are to get out when the fish are around and spend quality time with your children. The look on Hunters's and Destiny's faces is more precious than all the gold in the world. Experiences like that will keep rewarding you all with a life time of memories.

Finaddict and Rocks, you guys not only put out interesting reports but tell some great stories with the report. That's one of the things that catches my interest, whether the people catch fish or not. Reading your reports makes me as a reader feel like I was right there as you were catchin em. Thanks for sharing em, man, incredible pics and great reports!!!