Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 2009 Delmarva Fishing report

Default April 2009 Delmarva Fishing report

Here is a late report from April 1/ 09, typical crappy weather day the way we like it windy & raining in my opinion the best time to fish. Here are few pics Finaddict, hunter and I, bait was cut herring & bloods.

I Live and Breath Fishing!!! It dont get any better..

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Thanks for posting Chris. I might have a few for this month so far

Before I post anything else, I have to post this report. Destiny and Hunter, Rocksandreds little boy, has a fishing competition between the two of them. AAAHHHH, the childhood rivalries. Hunter caught the nice 36 1/2" striper you see above. Destiny was furious that Hunter had a bigger fish than her.

Well I picked Destiny up after school on Thursday and she asked me to make a suicide run for some stripers. How could I say no?
    We got to the spot and it didn't take long. The 1502 was bent in two and the Saltist was squeelin' with line peelin'.

I told Destiny to get the rod, I knew it was a big fish. She set the hook and all I hear was "oh lord, oh lord". The battle went on for a bit and she was gaining ground. I looked at her and she was shaking from the fight. I asked her if she was OK and she said "yes" with a grunt and a chit eatting grin.

We got the fish to the surrf and I beached it for her. She scared the chit out of me when she yelled after seeing how big it was. This is her first fish over 40". It went 40 1/2" with a 24 1/2"G.

Yes, I managed a 33", but Destiny was "top hook" that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1236.jpg   HPIM1237.jpg  

HPIM1238.jpg   HPIM1240.jpg  

Beautiful fish, guys!!!

Man how fortunate you guys are to get out when the fish are around and spend quality time with your children. The look on Hunters's and Destiny's faces is more precious than all the gold in the world. Experiences like that will keep rewarding you all with a life time of memories.

Finaddict and Rocks, you guys not only put out interesting reports but tell some great stories with the report. That's one of the things that catches my interest, whether the people catch fish or not. Reading your reports makes me as a reader feel like I was right there as you were catchin em. Thanks for sharing em, man, incredible pics and great reports!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocksandReds View Post
    Here is a late report from April 1/ 09, typical crappy weather day the way we like it windy & raining in my opinion the best time to fish. Here are few pics Finaddict, hunter and I, bait was cut herring & bloods.

Beautiful pics, guys, snotty weather fishing can't be beat. Either of you guys checking the water temps down there? I'm curious as to what temperature ranges youre seeing them active at down your way.

Those are some incredible fish Guys. Destiny what a great job you did. You have me beat already this year. Hunter are you going to let Destiny beat you? Keep up the good work kids!

The water is warming up. I think it is about mid 40's almost 50 degrees.

Default Thanks

Good time had, good pics, good stories, great report-thanks

Happy Trails

duuuuuuuuuudes!!!!! You's and your kids are catching some pigs!!! nice catch, the kids look stoked!!!

Amazing pics and report guys, it doesn't get any better than that. You are both setting a fine example of sportsmanship for your younger ones.

Very big!!!!

Thanks Guys, Our kids are future in this sport and I wouldn't have it any other way, If at posible if I'm fishing there fishing!! Like I always say "Family,Friends and Fishing it don't get any better" and the good Lord willing I'll be doing it for years to come!!
    I Live and Breath Fishing!!! It dont get any better..

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Quote Originally Posted by RocksandReds View Post
    Thanks Guys, Our kids are future in this sport and I wouldn't have it any other way, If at posible if I'm fishing there fishing!! Like I always say "Family,Friends and Fishing it don't get any better" and the good Lord willing I'll be doing it for years to come!!
    Too many families don't have that focus Rocksandreds. The family that plays together, whether it's fishing, hunting, sports, or other recreation, stays together. Your boy and Finaddict's daughter look like they're having the time of their lives. Fantastic reports and pics, thanks for posting.

Very nice pics and report. Waiting for you to send them our way.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Very nice pics and report. Waiting for you to send them our way.
    All fish were kissed, spanked on thier arse and sent your way

PPPPSSSSTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1245.jpg  

Man you guys are rackin up them rocks!

Got 8 today between Destiny and I. The largest being 42 1/2". Destiny also topped her best by catching a 41"L and 26"G striper.

You guys are rackin them up. Congrats! My congrats to Destiny for beating her PB!

I like reading these reports so I know what's coming up our way. Keep em coming, guys, nice reports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast