Thread: throw away your plugs!!

Default throw away your plugs!!

Ha, what a sick idea. I could never do it. I was in a tackle shop the other day and a bunch of old guys were sitting around talking about the fish they used to catch. I went to buy a few plugs, and one of them said "that's the problem with you young guys, you think that plug will bring you that magic cow". I was giving it back to him a little, and at the same time trying to listen. I must have bragged a little too much about the different plugs, and how you were almost guaranteed a bass by fishing them hard. He said "what do you know about fishing hard?" He bet me $200 I couldn't go a whole year without using plugs. He said he only uses bucktails and rubber and slays the fish. I could use that $200 but would never have enough confidence to go the whole season without plugging.

What about you guys, would you take a bet like that?

I enjoy fishing plugs to much.
    I would not take the bet, no chance, no way.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I like the rush of seeing fish hit surface plugs. I could stand not fishing without my plugs.

Default old timers

a lot of the old timers you never see fishing,know why?
    cause they fish from a boat with another old timer and they DO know their ****!.
    slinging bucktails is the thing around offshore rockpiles.
    they do sling wood but not like bucktails.some that are shore guys do sling wood a lot more.

I could not stop using wood,I am known for doing that and then if I did I'd have to change my name.

anyhow,them deep holes adjacent to obstructions in the tidal flow are the spots that biggies hang out and it's at a time that most are in bed!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Jimbob, you must be a new member, haven't seen you post before. Welcome! I like the topwater rush too.

I believe what those guys told you. I have met quite a few old timers who only fish bucktails. I wouldn't take that bet though, I don't have that confidence either. Plugging gives me a chance to try different presentations when the fish aren't biting. With bucktailing, everything depends on you, and you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    I believe what those guys told you. I have met quite a few old timers who only fish bucktails. I wouldn't take that bet though, I don't have that confidence either. Plugging gives me a chance to try different presentations when the fish aren't biting. With bucktailing, everything depends on you, and you alone.

What he said. Using plugs I can work different levels with different plugs. I use bucktails at certain places like inlets. Bucktails seem a lot simpler, but almost more complicated because you have to think too much using them. And that hurts.

$200 is not enough cash. When I am going fishless and my buddies are killing them on darters or metal lips it is just not worth it. No bucktail or plastic is going to swim like a LIFISHINVT darter.