Thread: what is the best mid-priced baitrunner?

Default what is the best mid-priced baitrunner?

Hey guys I am looking for a good baitrunner to pair up with my 9' ugly stik. I am sick and tired of buying the cheapie reels only to have them last one season. I will be fishing for bass in the early spring, and later on for bluefish and bass, so it won't get heavy duty use, and I will rinse it off after every trip so it can last me a few years. I heard the Daiwa is good but am looking for a range of suggestions as to what works for you and why you like it.

My budget is $175 or less. Thanks guys.

Default daiwa

I like Daiwa, they give you a good bang for the buck. I have a 4500b baitrunner for about 5 years now no problems, Metal body, smooth hard working drag, and the baitrunner feature I like better on Daiwa than other reels. You can get them used on e-bay for around $100 or so.
    If you want to go up in price, try the Saltist series. Some of the beter ones go above your budget, but you can get the Daiwa Saltist 6.2 5BB 4500H for around $170.

i like tica i have the sporterra abyss both still going strong take a look at them

Got a shimano 4500 baitrunner at Wally World for $80. For the price absolutely can't be beat. As for the quality and performance, I would have paid even more because the reel is just worth it. They should have the older styles which have been true tested for years and years. I would check it out before you decide.

X2 on the Daiwa BR, the older ones.

I like the Shimano's.