Thread: The worst mid-priced reels ever

Hybrid View

Default spinners

as anyone here should know,a reel that has a plastic body is a blowup just waiting for a place to happen.
    daiwa had some that were not bad and lasted a long time but in general,plastic is throw away.

quite honestly,if I were looking for a low budget spinner right now,I would try an aqua.
    my idea is,it has a 2 yaer warranty,the seller of thisreel will refund your money if you don't like it and since it has stainless stuff inside,it is worth a decent try especially since choppers are on the way!
    besides all that,they cast well,have smooth powerful gearing and are pretty too,you an try one and not regret it.
    just stay within the return policy and you are golden.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

I dont have a lot of cash to throw around on equipment so Ialways look for the lower end deals and just pray. One thing I can tell you is and it's only because I have them is that I have the Penn Captivas. I have one of each of the cvg models and have had them two years now and have not had a problem with them.

If you want dependability with cheaper reels go with 706z, 704z, and 710z. There easy to maintain they could take a dunking. Some of these reels are 40years old and still around, and these reels where abused. New reels go with VS or Zeebaas. I heard to many storys of guys spending 200 to 300 dollars and there reels lasting half a season.

Shimano 4500B Best reel for the money out there. A bit heavy but I had mine underwater on many occasions this past season and it never quit. The handle has a slight squeak but overall for 100 bucks it did it's job.