Danielle, here's a partial review of your custom jigs. We didn't catch any fish that we could post pics of, they came unbuttoned. But they cast a mile, and effortlessly. I'll report more on them as I use them, but for now thought people might want to read this part of the fishin report from 6-9-09:

We finished up in the back, trying to pull together a few bluefish in a place where thousands of spearing had gathered. I had success with an Ace baits squid swimmer before, it's my go to plug when I hit that area. All I could get were non-committal light taps from bluefish that were not aggressive, and picky. Imagine picky bluefish.

Kept downsizing our presentations until we were throwing yozuri type small profile swimmers that resembled the spearing. I already know to downsize when spearing are around, and sometimes a teaser works. However, the maneuverings we had to go through to connect with one of the picky bluefish made me think that because there were so many spearing available toward the end of the ebb, that any artificial presentation still missed the mark.

Also had some luck for the first time trying the metal jigs from jrods bait and tackle as the dawn came around. We didn't hook up with them, had some hits that came unbuttoned. I'll report more on them as we catch fish on them, but for now I can confirm those things cast like a mile!
They're aerodynamic, very compact, and cast effortlessly. When you need something to punch out into the wind, and are looking for a metal that will cover all levels of the water column, I would say it's a good idea to have some of them in your bag.

post #46
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...?t=4090&page=5