Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member profile: Jrodscustomtackle

Default Review of jrods jigs

Danielle, here's a partial review of your custom jigs. We didn't catch any fish that we could post pics of, they came unbuttoned. But they cast a mile, and effortlessly. I'll report more on them as I use them, but for now thought people might want to read this part of the fishin report from 6-9-09:

We finished up in the back, trying to pull together a few bluefish in a place where thousands of spearing had gathered. I had success with an Ace baits squid swimmer before, it's my go to plug when I hit that area. All I could get were non-committal light taps from bluefish that were not aggressive, and picky. Imagine picky bluefish.

Kept downsizing our presentations until we were throwing yozuri type small profile swimmers that resembled the spearing. I already know to downsize when spearing are around, and sometimes a teaser works. However, the maneuverings we had to go through to connect with one of the picky bluefish made me think that because there were so many spearing available toward the end of the ebb, that any artificial presentation still missed the mark.

Also had some luck for the first time trying the metal jigs from jrods bait and tackle as the dawn came around. We didn't hook up with them, had some hits that came unbuttoned. I'll report more on them as we catch fish on them, but for now I can confirm those things cast like a mile!
    They're aerodynamic, very compact, and cast effortlessly. When you need something to punch out into the wind, and are looking for a metal that will cover all levels of the water column, I would say it's a good idea to have some of them in your bag.

post #46
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...?t=4090&page=5

An update for Jrods Tackle here. I have been fishin lately where the wind is strong and the sweep is fierce. This type of fishin lends itself to bucktails or jigs because you need weight to stay down in the strike zone and keep your presentation from being blown away.

Sadly, I have not used these Jrods jigs regularly yet so I can't report a whole lot of personal success on them.

However, Monty has been using them quite a bit, and I think he's happy with them. When I start fishing the Noreast weather patterns of the fall and fishing in the daytime more, I'll be using them.

As I said above, they are great when you need something to punch it out there. It seems to me the heavier ones, like the 3 oz, are priced a little cheaper than some of the big name brands.

Since a good fisherman is known to lose his or her jigs on a regular basis, why pay more? when the quality is there with Jrods.

Have caught blues with them and Stripers.
    The two biggest stripers of the year for me 25 and 19 pounds.
    They were on the longest casts I have made (the 4 oz bunker metals) on a Breakaway Omega rod. Without those lures, I do not reach or catch those bass.
    Also a few Fluke with them.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    As I said above, they are great when you need something to punch it out there. It seems to me the heavier ones, like the 3 oz, are priced a little cheaper than some of the big name brands.

Since a good fisherman is known to lose his or her jigs on a regular basis, why pay more? when the quality is there with Jrods.
    i

This is one of the JRods jigs I've been using through the noreasters. They really do punch it out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-14 a.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	7916

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    just a few

Combination Set! 1-Herring Jig, 1-Fish Jig, 1- Butterfly Jig

Business Development and Philosophy:

Development
    Danielle and her husband met a guy who sold jig molds, started making them, and got a lot of positive response from customers.

She started making these lead jigs, and worked hard to figure out the best way to paint them, what colors to use, and how to make the paint last long and not to chip off. Shes the one slaving over those melting pots to melt the lead and remove the impurities. How many women do you guys know that can handle a job like that?

Lead & Safety: She has her whole work area vented for the lead fumes, and a state of the art spray booth to spray the best and most durable finish.
    "I'm a researcher" - when she gets a little info about how too improve her products, she's on it right away, always trying to deliver the best quality product possible.

Obstacles
    "Lots of Brick Walls" Danielle has run into many obstacles. Because she's a woman, many people don't believe she can handle the demands of making her products, and are sometimes short-sighted in how they view her.

Many say: " Oh come on, a woman can't make those rigs and jigs, that's BS!!"
    She wins customers over by saying: "Then come to my house and watch me, & then make a judgement! "

Danielle sez: "I ignore the fact that many can't believe I'm doing a man's job, and win the respect of my customers one at a time!"

I think it's fair to say Danielle is not a typical woman, this gal is tough!!
    nice work you go girl dont let the walls stop you there are ways around them just keep going i need the jigs in my bag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12