Thread: Waterproof bags

Default Waterproof bags

There are so many fishermen who carry their cells phone with them. How do you keep them from getting wet? Maybe you are like me and keep it in the truck. I want to look into a waterproof bag. Are there any even out there being made?

There's a few retailer places that carry them where you can go buy them. Eastern mountain sports if they're in your area. You can also get them on the web, a few retailers here and there. This one was about $14, around the standard price, but you can pay more. I was looking at some of these, and also considering the verizon Gzone, or GZ1, I heard it's a good waterproof phone. Not sure how much they cost though.

Cell Phone/GPS Dry Case . . . . .£7.00 Inc VAT
    Sizes Dry Case Colours Blue Ideal for keeping valuables, phones or a GPS fully waterproof. Durable plastic construction with secure case locking closure and detatchable carry strap. 7cm x 4cm x 13.5cm

A double,zip lock bag works for me. Put your cel in it and roll it up to squeeze the air out and then seal it by closing the zip.

We are not talking brain surgery here. Zip locks work.

Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post
    We are not talking brain surgery here. Zip locks work.

Amen, RJ, I ziploc everything. Was doing it long before they came out with the fancy bags.

I would say if you have something really expensive, like a camera that isn't waterproof, investing in a specific bag might be a good idea. My girlfriend got a new camera one time when I stupidly left a nice one I borrowed frrm her within reach of the tide. We were too busy catchin fish to think about gettin to it in time. It was ziplocked in 3 BAGS, but the tide won.