Thread: 3 2oz LEAD Herring Surf Lures

Default 3 2oz LEAD Herring Surf Lures

For Sale are a set of 3 2oz LEAD Herring Surf Lures. These are handpoured LEAD jigs, that have been dipped in white, the airbrushed their colors, the dipped in Clear Vinyl Chip Resistant Jig Paint. They have 3D Eyes. The Bucktail has been handtied on to a 5/0 Mustad Hook then flexcoated and 2 part Epoxied for Durability. The hooks are attached to the lure with 5.5 Heavy Stainless Split Rings.

1--Hot Pink Pearl with Glow in the Dark Chartreuse Belly with a Yellow and Hot Pink Bucktail
    1-- Lemon Lime Coloring with a Lime and Chartreuse Bucktail
    1-- Pink Pearl with Hot Yellow with a Watermelon Back with a Yellow and Pink Bucktail

Price with First Class Mail Shipping Included $10.00

Please note that I accept Paypal or USPS or Bank Money Orders.
    Any questions please answer here or email me at: shytkickers137@aol.com
    If you are looking for other custom items please email me or check out my ebay website at: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/JRODs-Tackle-and-More

I bet those would be good for when the herring are being chased by the bass through the inlets, nice work.

Hello Rockhopper!

Thank you for the compliment! And yes they do work really good when they are being chased.....LOL

This set is no longer available. If you would like a set like this please let me know and I will be more then happy to make another set for you or custom make a set to what colors you would like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5020012480.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	6537
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hello Monty!

Nice! Thank you for the picture! Greatly appreciate it. Hope they get bigger and better. Hopefully a couple with stripes......LOL.......

Nice fish Monty. Jrods, I'll check out your site. Looks as if they are successful jigs.

The proof is in the pudding, they catch fish Nice work jrods and monty!

Hello Lostatsea!

Thank you for the reply! Yes as far as my customers state they work.......LOL...... Go ahead and check out the site, if there is something that you can't find let me know. I have been selling more and more and I am trying to get toether more stuff to put on. Thank you again.

Hello Storminsteve!

Thank you for the compliment, I greatly appreciate it. Monty is on a roll!!!!!!

These could be more effective than a bucktail in the right conditions. I bet they would get down in the water column quicker. Great looking work.

Hello Bababooey!

Thank you for the reply. I greatly appreciate it.

OK,
    Here's two with stripes caught on your 4 oz bunker metal.
    The second one is 41" 25 lbs.
    Caught on one of my longest casts (needed every inch of it).

Name:	P5230010400.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	6776

Name:	P5230011500.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	6777

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrodscustomtackle View Post
    Hello Monty!

Nice! Thank you for the picture! Greatly appreciate it. Hope they get bigger and better. Hopefully a couple with stripes......LOL.......
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Sometimes you really have to punch it out to get to those fish. I can see where a jrods heavy jig would help you do that. They're like a missile when they cast, streamlined and compact for maximum distance. I imagine they would also be good at IBSP. You either have to be on the bar at low water or cast out far from the shore sometimes to get the fish that are sitting just beyond the bar.

Last year in the fall we were fishin some rocks. You would figure the ends of the rocks were good enough, that the fish would be right there. Unfortunately the only ones getting the fish were the ones who were able to cast the furthest beyond the tips.

That's the way it is sometimes. The fish might be around, but you have to figure out a pattern or strategy to present to them or you would never know they're there.

WTG on those fish Monty, they look nice and healthy! I fished with you before, and know that you don't like to give up easily. You worked for those fish, you deserve em.

Hello Monty!

NICE!!!!!!!!

Thank youo for putting pictures on from everyone and me to see. I love seeing what my lures and jigs bring in. Thank you again and keep em coming.

Hello Darkskies!

Thank you for the reply on here. That is one thing that these jigs and lures do is cut thru the air. They go far which in most places is what you need to get to the fish. Thank you again.