Thread: 3 2oz LEAD Herring Surf Lures

Hybrid View

Sometimes you really have to punch it out to get to those fish. I can see where a jrods heavy jig would help you do that. They're like a missile when they cast, streamlined and compact for maximum distance. I imagine they would also be good at IBSP. You either have to be on the bar at low water or cast out far from the shore sometimes to get the fish that are sitting just beyond the bar.

Last year in the fall we were fishin some rocks. You would figure the ends of the rocks were good enough, that the fish would be right there. Unfortunately the only ones getting the fish were the ones who were able to cast the furthest beyond the tips.

That's the way it is sometimes. The fish might be around, but you have to figure out a pattern or strategy to present to them or you would never know they're there.

WTG on those fish Monty, they look nice and healthy! I fished with you before, and know that you don't like to give up easily. You worked for those fish, you deserve em.

Hello Monty!

NICE!!!!!!!!

Thank youo for putting pictures on from everyone and me to see. I love seeing what my lures and jigs bring in. Thank you again and keep em coming.

Hello Darkskies!

Thank you for the reply on here. That is one thing that these jigs and lures do is cut thru the air. They go far which in most places is what you need to get to the fish. Thank you again.