Thread: Captain of Misty Morn passes away

Default Captain of Misty Morn passes away

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

http://www.nj.com/shore/blogs/fishin...shing_grounds/

Capt. Gary Bouchard passed away on Friday at 70, after fighting multiple myeloma cancer for eight years. The Parlin resident owned the Misty Morn at Morgan, a large group charter boat that also sailed open at times. There will be a viewing for the popular skipper from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, April 6 at Home for Funerals, 237 Bordontown Ave., South Amboy. The funeral will be at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday in the funeral home, followed by a 9:30 mass at St. Mary's Church in South Amboy.

Read about this the other day. The Misty Morn was around for a long time. I didn't know the guy had cancer. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

I never met Capt Bouchard in person, but people had a lot of good things to say about him. I never heard any negative criticism. He was one of the first Captains to put people on fluke or flounder when the season started.

Being in Morgan put him close to early season action, but he wasn't afraid to burn some fuel. Several times I would be in my brother's boat over by the Verazzano, and we would see Capt Bouchard over there trying to put a catch together for his fares, or at other places on the flats.. He had a lot of loyal guys that would fish that boat week in and week out. I guess the way he was, he inspired that loyalty.

Sorry to hear the news, bababooey. RIP Capt Bouchard, thoughts and prayers to your family, and the crew who helped make your boat what it was.