Thread: Rip Plugger's Plugs

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    A few fish Rip-Plugger has caught recently on his plugs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medium shovel head.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	6782

Name:	Pic2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	6783

Name:	rb rr.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	6785
    ...And I'm lucky enough to have scored some of those exact same plugs!

I gotta be candid about these plugs. When I first saw he was going to sell them, I had all sorts of ideas about how he could paint them "better".

I honestly didn't like the way they looked in the pics, and thought potential buyers might be swayed because they didn't have the razor sharp airbrush transitions and some of the styles that some of the other builders are putting out.

I know, as a fisherman, that that stuff doesn't matter to the fish. They don't care, they only know if they want to eat it by the profile in the water, and how it moves, not whether it has "scales" or not!

But I was thinking about the marketing of these plugs, and how other fishermen would perceive them, based upon the paint.

After handling them, bashing them against some rocks, and seeing the durable epoxy (or Createx?) he uses as the last coat, I'm liking them more and more. I like the way theycast, the way they swim, and hope to be using them when I can fish them in current to get down to where the fish are. Just fished them a few casts today, but I like all 3.

Hope to get back to you guys soon with a report of me catching a fish on one. Until then, they get for design, and movement in the water.

Here's some pics before and after (he's selling them without hooks, which I think is a good thing for all plugbuilders to notice, as most guys change them out anyway.) I used Wolverine snap rings and Gami trebles. Next time I'll use bigger trebles, but that was all I had layin around and I wanted to fish them today.

Name:	6-25-09 046.jpg 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	7040

Name:	6-25-09 050.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	7041

Name:	6-25-09 047.jpg 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	7042

Name:	6-25-09 049.jpg 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	7043

last one. This one "waggles" like crazy, especially with the tail. The eyes in the head even have moving pupils, freaky!

Nitestrikes and the other guys who asked, I think he's selling these for the price range of $15-16 each. If you get a couple I think he pays for shipping. I think I sent him like $47 for these 3. Hope that helps.

Name:	6-25-09 048.jpg 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	7044

Name:	6-25-09 051.jpg 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	7045

Default you new additions

Howdy DS,

glad they got there.I hope they are to your liking.
    I just wanna clarify some facts.

the prices I ask for are directly related to how much work I put into them.
    it can vary up to $20.00 or down to $10.00.
    I make each one without the idea of selling it.if it does not tickle my fancy,I will put it up for sale.
    I also have several that can come up for sale at anytime,some used and some only tested and hung up.
    so,if you see it in my catalog thread then it's for sale.

some lures may be up for sale and be posted and if I know someone that wants it,I'll post the fact that it's has been sold.

DarkSkies,I hope you catch a winner with them,let me know when you get something on them,post it here K?

cheers
    R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Nice Plugs, I like that golden Mullet.

Default Pluggage

Some new plugs for the fall.

Name:	P8180001a.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	7510

Name:	P8180004a.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	7511
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Sweet plugs, they look pretty solid.

Default stingray tackle stuff

howdy guys,

well,the rods in questio[H-H series]n are based on xtra heavy rods one would use for salmon but,with saltwater guides and real cork handles along with graphite reel seats.
    theres is also a big spinning stick to sling bait with.

the prototype is a true beast of a rod.
    it is able to sling 8 plus a chunk to england.
    there will also be lighter action rods that will be great for doing albies or slinging storm shads,bombers and such.
    I am sure those that buy one will be smiling when they use it.prices will also make you smile too.

the downside is that late this year is when all should be ready for the water.
    for those that like avet/accurate style reels there is the stingray tackle "Tigre",a one piece aluminium reel,cnc machined and will drown a whale if ya hook it,
    also with lever drag.
    the aqua reels,built for the salt AND have a baitrunner system are a great reel to fish,they cast great and are not expensive,they also are made with stainless gears and full of the good stuff we want!

when I get more info,I shall post it.
    autographs are now on sale for $5.00 each,,,group discounts are availible!

R-P

$5.00 thats it your famous now,how much extra for a catalog LOL.Hey good luck with the rod line.

An icon in the surf community, a past history in the metal band Dark Angel, a current gig where he co-hosts a metal show every Sat night, now a line of HH surf rods in the pipeline..... pretty soon this guy's head will be so big he can't fit through the door!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    pretty soon this guy's head will be so big he can't fit through the door!
    Yes I can see it now, ripplugger's house on MTV's Cribs, and he will need an entourage when he travels around town. And we can say we knew of him before he became famous. You won't forget us when you make it in the big-time, will you ripplugger?

Dude! You were in Dark Angel? That's awesome!

I fished with the guitar player from Suffocation once. He is a diehard surfcaster when not on tour.

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    An icon in the surf community, a past history in the metal band Dark Angel, a current gig where he co-hosts a metal show every Sat night, now a line of HH surf rods in the pipeline..... pretty soon this guy's head will be so big he can't fit through the door!
    Hello DS,

actually that band was not Dark Angel,it was Evil Angel,there were several others including Cursed,Black Dragon,Demon stone,Rancid,Flesh & Fire and Deciever.
    those were bands I was part of and there were several times I was called to fill in for a member of other bands that was ill or too dammed drunk to do the show.
    these bands were either thrash,black thrash or dark metal which is now called blackmetal.

it was a glorious time that lasted 11 years or so.
    the best time of my life!

now I am low profile and like remaining in stealth mode.

R-P

Default Bob Hahn

ya know,this world of ours is filled with shysters,thieves and many other folks we just don't or cannot trust.

I am quite proud to know that I am not one of them.
    about 2 months ago,I was throwing Bob Hahn medium pikie in rudolph color.
    I large gator bluefish slammed it and took off down current.
    I was trying to hold on but,this fish used the current and took a lot of line out,I was already waay out so,i was working ard to try and keep things under control.
    anyhow,the fish took me across a musselbed and cut me off.
    this rudolph was my only one.

I checked or attempted to check out Bobs site to buy some but,it is not up yet.
    I had his old email addy so,I wrote to him.
    later I was contacted,about a month later by him.he made up 3 rudolphs for me right away.

I was happy to know that he went so far to make some for me.
    his partner,Brenda contacted me asking for my address.I gave it and I asked or a price,I got it and all was well.
    yesterday a package comes and it's from Bob Hahn!,,,he sent me the 3 rudolphs I ordered direct AND added a yellow/redhead surfster as a gift!
    Bob and Brenda trust me enough to send my lures with no money and a gift as well!
    Thats real trust and faith in a fellow angler.
    It is a true honor to be so trusted and I feel grand knowing that someone I don't know personally would have that kind of faith in me with a large amount of trust as well.

who said there are not great people out there anymore?.
    Bob and Brenda are truly grand people and I am honored that such an icon in fishing has this amount of faith and shared it with me,,,

Cheers
    R-P

I have bought a few from last year. When I ordered 4 he sent me 1 extra. Stand up guy.

Is the Rudolph his Pikie? If so I have one and love that freaking thing. Throw that puppy in a rip and feel it dig and wiggle.