Thread: 2 fish

Default 2 fish

You got two rods in the water one starts to bend. You run over to it and start to reel in the fish. Your other reel starts spinning. The fish took the bait and is running fast, the rod is bending. Your still trying to reel in your first fish. You would handle the situation by......

I usually only use one rod. I am afraid I might have my rod pulled into the water if I don't hold on to it. I also might miss a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    I usually only use one rod. I am afraid I might have my rod pulled into the water if I don't hold on to it. I also might miss a hit.
    I can't stand seeing 5 spiked rods in a row, only one guy fishing them. Or you have 2 guys with 10 rods and they will take up a 1/4 mile of beach. They get their just desserts when the cownose rays are around and they can't reach the rod in time. I think 2 rods is ok as long as you're right there. Jimbob, I keep that rod in my hand also unless I'm taking a leak, and that's when you usually get the hits.

I don't do bait much, maybe a few times in the spring. The few times that I have used 2 rods and the very few times that I have been hooked up at the same time- I just loosened the drag on the one still in the spike and let her rip until I got the first one unhooked.
    By the way, how many rods do you bait guys use? I've seen guys with 4 or 5 rods deadsticked, must get pretty expensive with bait when the bait robbers are around.

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    By the way, how many rods do you bait guys use? I've seen guys with 4 or 5 rods deadsticked, must get pretty expensive with bait when the bait robbers are around.
    I only use 1 or 2, 2 if I'm trying different bait like clams and worms, or bunker and clams. I have never gotten 2 hits at once, but that's good advice to loosen the drag, surfwalker.

Yelling at my buddy to grab the other one lol!

Seen some asian guys at the beach with 5 rods each. I guess in the past that would have been a problem but when was the last time you saw that much blitzing action where it would really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    I guess in the past that would have been a problem but when was the last time you saw that much blitzing action where it would really matter.
    Yeah, very true.