Quote Originally Posted by fishlipper View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know they allegedly busted some people for short fish at one of the hotspots last night. Got them carrying trash bags on the way out. You guys can figure out where they were from.
Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
invasion from south of the border
Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
I wouldn't say south of the border, where I fish it's mostly south asia, many plastic bags being hid in the bushes or buried in the sand. then when the ranger comes they say not mine!
I just wanted to intervene here and say I don't disagree with some of the experiences some of you may have had. I can believe they went down as the above people quoted them.

But when we start pointing the finger at a particular ethnic group as the bad guy for all the poaching, that's just wrong. I have seen many instances of people doing things they weren't supposed to be doing when out fishing.

I don't think there is any race or ethnic group I have witnessed who does NOT violate the law at one time or another. Therefore, it seems to me to be more an instance when someone has the opportunity to get away with it, or just doesn't care about the law, that violations are committed.

For those who feel strongly about laws being violated, I have posted the hotline #s for poaching. I'll post them again if anyone needs them. If you see something that's not right, you don't have to risk a confrontation.

Just pick up your phone, and make the call. We are all collectively responsible for the shape of our fishing resources.

In my mind, reporting it shows that you care, and want the rules to be fair for everyone. If anyone is so inclined, sometimes people (especially beginners), may be unaware of the laws. You can try to educate them if you want. But some people feign ignorance as an excuse.

Most of you folks are intelligent enough to know the difference.

If there is any doubt, please make the call. Let's not try to load it all on one ethnic group, but try to work together to police ourselves. One of the biggest dangers to fishing as we know it is apathy, or the belief that "someone else will take care of it".

In these modern times, more people seem to have that attitude, and it's our own fault. If you care passionately about something, then try to do the right thing, and always try to set an example yourself for others to follow.

Here are the numbers:

Operation Game Thief - 800-222-0456

South Jersey Warden - 609-292-7172
(877)-927-6337 609-748-2050

Sandy Hook Fishing Violations - 732-872-5970

US Coast Guard/OOD - 732-872-3428

2008 Commercial Regulations
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2008/comregs08.pdf

For any suspected Dumping or Environmental violations, DEP:
1-877-927-6337