Thread: best water temperature for stripers

Hybrid View

Default Spooked

paumanok, I still get spooked, I thought it would fade away, but hasn't. Do you strickly fly fish?

Not strictly, surfwalker, but close to it.

Saltwater, I've got to say, more than 95% of the time.

Trout? Strictly on the fly. Except for two occasions: once drifting a rapala for steelhead and browns one frigid February day on the Niagara River; and once when my daddy took me fishing when I was 8 years old--he sat off reading his newspaper while I dangled a worm on a hand line off some rocks.

Other freshwater fishing (small and large mouth bass, pike, salmon . . .), I fly rod 70-80% of the time.

Will - You own the Night. You will be promoted to the rank of Scout at Worm Camp.

And just down the road at the first salt pond there is a rock filled beach just north of the breachway. We will have time to recon and fish it in May.

Having fished with Paumonok, I will tell you he has an uncanny knack for finding which area the stripers are feeding in and he covers A LOT of water. More than once I have been left thinking he is 25 yds to my right to observe the night lite go on 1/4 mile down the beach in the manner that suggest he has just unhooked another bass. DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post
    Will - You own the Night. You will be promoted to the rank of Scout at Worm Camp.

And just down the road at the first salt pond there is a rock filled beach just north of the breachway. We will have time to recon and fish it in May.
    Imagine fishing the worm hatch DURING a worm hatch! I've got a good feeling about this year......