Thread: Spotburn thread

Hybrid View

Default Hot off the presses! 4-23-10

If it hasn't happened already as I post this at 8:15 pm Fri nignt... I predict a major NJ spotburn will be broadcast from one of the most glory-hungry spot-burners out there, complete with revealing video and maps to get you exactly to the patch of sand that's 200 yards long and comfortably holds about 50 anglers tops.

I've gotten so many angry phone calls and pms about it already today, it's only a matter of time before it gets broadcast to the world.

Thank you Mr Tackle shop video entrepeneur, boldly burning spots with more accuracy and at the speed of light, we salute you...

You heard it here first....

I went to the site, he didn't burn it yet, Dark. Probably will in a few days, though. I remember he did it around this time last year.What a tool, I hate that guy.

Can't stand when people do that.

The ultimate spot burn is the new issue of "On The Water", the four corners of RB article with detailed maps and directions to fishing Great Kills, J-Bay, The Hook and Union Beach. There is enough people out there already. There is no need to be pumping out articles like this that will bring every idiot in to fish the spots they read about...

Writing like this is done for self-gratification and with no regard for the spots or those that are locals or regulars there. Its actually a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyRider View Post
    The ultimate spot burn is the new issue of "On The Water", the four corners of RB article with detailed maps and directions to fishing Great Kills, J-Bay, The Hook and Union Beach. There is enough people out there already. There is no need to be pumping out articles like this that will bring every idiot in to fish the spots they read about...

Writing like this is done for self-gratification and with no regard for the spots or those that are locals or regulars there. Its actually a shame.

Right on eddy rider, the tackle shops, newspapers and magazines all tell the guys where the fish are, but is it necessary to post detailed maps and directions? ***? They are not the ones who have to pay a price if an area becomes too crowded and shut down. BTW, welcome to stripers and anglers.

Thanks Steve. Been lurking around for awhile but thought this thread was a good place to jump in.

What burns me is the authors are usually fishing guys that don't seem to mind burning the spots to get accreditation and pats on the back, then in 6 months they are usually the first one bitchin that their spots are being over run by googans..

Thanks Steve. Been lurking around for awhile but thought this thread was a good place to jump in.

What burns me is the authors are usually fishing guys that don't seem to mind burning the spots to get accreditation and pats on the back, then in 6 months they are usually the first one bitchin that their spots are being over run by googans..
    Kind of gives new meaning to the word "ironic", doesn't it?
    Too many people are out for glory in this world, either by proving to the whole world they know where the fish are or by incessantly needing to weigh in every fish they catch at a tackle shop. I read the other day a bass was weighed at 7.5lbs. Why would you even weigh in a bass like that? At 28" that would be a very skinny bass. Just take it home and eat it with some baked potatoes and a good wine. But no, ego takes over and people have to put themselves on the internet map, either by weighing all the fish they catch or posting up about where the hottest action is even if all the locals and regulars then have hell to pay for the next 2 weeks because of the spot burning.
    btw welcome to S&A EddyRider.

I bet he wouldn't do that in Ct. We have hardly any access at all except for some state parks, the rivers, and certain marinas. If he did that up here I bet guys would try to kill him. Spots are so valued because they are so scarce. Guys don't get it. Welcome to Stripers and Anglers, Eddyrider, dso you just fish NJ or do you ever fish other states?