Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NY fishing reports for May 2009

GSB, a runt bass on a chartreuse shad, then I switched to bucktail when the bluefish started, 3 bluefish. We are headed for an incredible weekend weather wise, guys. Let's hope the fishing is good as well.

Fished the back side of the jones area this morning, incoming, bucktail, one tiny bass on a bucktail, that's all she wrote. I saw birds way out front as I was leaving.

i fish in the front of jamaica bay last nite and got 4 bluefish we were using bunkers. no stripers. happy weekend to everybody here!

After being sidelined for the week with swine flu I finally got out on the beach at Moriches. I got there just before light, Incomming tide and the water was washing over the rocks at the jetty but there were no fish in that wash. so I went to a back bay area that sometimes holds fish on the flood tide I managed one 25" Bass and one hit after sunrise on a Creek Chub popper. I ran into a Bluefish blitz but it was a small area and there were too many fishermen already there so I diddnt fish it. saw a couple of Piping Plovers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5230001.jpg   P5230002.jpg  

P5230011.jpg   P5230012.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    After being sidelined for the week with swine flu I finally got out on the beach at Moriches.
    jimbob you really didn't have the swine flu, is this a joke? If you did I'm sorry to hear that, how bad was it? Did you take a lot of antibiotics? Glad to hear you are better. Love those incredible pics. Lots of good things happening at Moriches latly. I went to a NS location this morning, got 3 schoolies on a yellow schoolbus bomber at dawn. Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone here!

I don't know if it was swine flu but it was some kind of flu, just rest and liquids and time. last night I went to a north shore spot I caught one scoolie. This morning I went to the Moriches area I had two Bass hooked but I dropped them both I eventually caught a Bluefish. I spent about an hour fishing the ocean with pencil poppers but had no hits. I still have not got a Bass on pencils yet this year.

Glad you are ok jimbob, I really enjoy your reports. You should write for On the water. I fished 3 times this weekend. Got a decent fish on Saturday morning in the front of Jones, the 34" bass took a black bomber at first light. Also got a small 22" on the bomber. Nothing the other 2 days. I can't wait for this weather to break so I can go again.

I fished this morning, Shinnecock area, 2 bass on a bucktail and pork rind, 26" and 32", released, and 3 angry bluefish. Good to see you back in action JB, swine flu is some nasty stuff.

Back side of Jones last night A friend of mine caught one at 29" I on the other hand got nada!

I have been working hard this past week and getting ready for my vacation.I got out last night and fished a north shore spot for two hours I caught 3 bass to 26" on a small black Danny plug just after dark. I am heading to Martha's Vineyard on Monday for a week of surfcasting for Stripers.

jimbob-glaad you're feeling better,please take that camera with ya and keep the pics coming, I appreciate those. Say hi to Vineyard for me.

Glad you are feeling better too, jb. Have fun on the trip, catch em up. I fished jbay this morning, a little bit of the incoming. A few ferocious bluefish was all she wrote, bottle poppers.

Took a ride to Shinnecock for the pre dawn shift. 3 bass to 27" on a bucktail, 4 big blues. Great day to be fishing, the morning was beautiful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123