Thread: no see ums and nasty bugs

Hybrid View

^ Yup we'll be known as Stinky and Blinky.
    No one will want to fish close to us, we'll have a mile of clear beach on either side wherever we go.
    Oh, the possibilities.....can't wait.....

Anyone want to take a guess as to who will be stinky, and who's blinky, and why?

OK, Ill take a stab at it! It seems logical that dark would be stinky because of all the stories. where does that leave finchaser? How does he fit the name blinky? Moving forward it would be logical to call dark blinky because monty made fun of him for falling asleep. Asleep=blinky. Then the only name left would be stinky which by default would go to finchaser (sorry for that finchaser please don't send the mafia goons to my house I still have to make mortgage payments on it)

Cement mixer on way to DS will entomb him and his Porto John while he's asleep. I could be blinky, fishing as I did in the past 1/4 to 1/2 mile up wind of him and blinking as I gag when he gets to close:

Then again DS fits three categories

Know As Stinky Blinky Googan it all fits or SBG

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Haha dark he got you good!

^^^^^ Well I tried listerine last night and it didn't work. Do you have to take a bath in it? I dabbed some on my arms and neck and still the greenheads, skeeters, and no see ums were biting me. so bad that I may not go back there till october. Fishing wasn't that great anyway some small blues.
    Does anyone have any other remedies that work well? thanks

the brown Listerine works for me also use deep woods off

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^^thanks will give that a try next time. Will take a bath in it and put a rag soaked in it around my neck. Those sandy hook bugs are relentless at night. I may not go back till the fall as the fishing seems not really worth it. May be time to look at buying a boat.