Thread: The life of a nomad, tips for on the road fishin

Hybrid View

What surfstix said, and every year they try to make it worse for us. Shoreham was just one example, and we only got access back in dribs and drabs. I wish there was some group out there that had the big money to take these towns to court once and for all. That, is easier said than done. We have to fight these battles one little one at a time.

Thanks again for starting the Shoreham thread BassBuddah. You raised a lot of awareness. IMO that town will be marked in history as a place where battle lines were drawn and fisihermen fought back.

It seems from the meetings I attended that LI has groups who are more vocal and political.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that people are fighting against the current DEP rulings in NJ.
    And I appreciate the efforts of ALL of them, every group.

But I have been to access meetings in LI and NJ.

I definitely feel fishermen are more willing to represent in LI.
    There is too much apathy in NJ. People don't understand the magnitude of these hearings.

I wish we could provide more of a spark for them do that here.

Default A beacon of hope for the NOMAD fishermen!

I know some will laugh at this, but I mark the location of every one of these that I will be passing by on the way to fishing.

As a veteran camper, I know all about crapping in the woods.
    Finding a clean porta-potty is like an oasis in a desert....
    there's something to be said for cleaning up well after all your toilet needs are met.

Finchaser will tell ya that fishing 2 days at a time as I do, I smell bad enough. Don't need any down-below smells coming from me.

Here is a shining example of what I mean.
    I found this on the side of the road, which would mean high-use.
    However, the inside was sparkling clean, almost spotless!
    And....they had a hand-sanitizer cannister that was full....it doesn't take much to make my day, on the road...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2561.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	13820

I don't believe you put up a picture of a mr john. Catchy advertising though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I know some will laugh at this, but I mark the location of every one of these that I will be passing by on the way to fishing.

As a veteran camper, I know all about crapping in the woods.
    Finding a clean porta-potty is like an oasis in a desert....
    there's something to be said for cleaning up well after all your toilet needs are met.

Finchaser will tell ya that fishing 2 days at a time as I do, I smell bad enough. Don't need any down-below smells coming from me.

Here is a shining example of what I mean.
    I found this on the side of the road, which would mean high-use.
    However, the inside was sparkling clean, almost spotless!
    And....they had a hand-sanitizer cannister that was full....it doesn't take much to make my day, on the road...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2561.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	13820

The way you smell the port O john probably did smell good,wouldn't surprise me if you took a nap in it.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    The way you smell the port O john probably did smell good,wouldn't surprise me if you took a nap in it.
    Why is it that your frikkin assumptions are so uncanny, ya grouchy basstard!

Actually, that port o john had just been serviced the day before. Hardly any use where it was...And... it was cleaner than some hotel rooms...so I did fall asleep on the crapper! I was so tired I closed my eyes for a sec, and 10 minutes later some guy was knocking on the door saying he needed to use it...startled me and woke me up!

Nomad disorganization and chaos.....,lately my car looks like my life...as I spend inordinate amounts of time to get into fish....I can't always be there in the AM. so I gotta work with what time I have....and truthfully, I'm kind of addicted to the night bite....

Today I was gonna take pics of the extra food I'm storing in the car for tomorrow, and the unhealthy snacks....but I dropped my camera Mon and I'm without a camera till I can replace that one....

the point I'm trying to make here, is if you're compulsive like me and can't get enough of the fish....then make sure you plan your meals ahead of time so ya's don't have to eat all the crap that will cause you to gain weight..... or you can just travel all over the state to find fish...I've lost 5lbs that way so far this week...

Default More toilet talk...

Look, we can't hide from it; it's a fact of life....

And the better we learn to deal with it, the less access we lose....

So here's some tips about taking care of business when nature calls...

1. Find a store, (WaWa and CVS usually have customer bathrooms) Gas station(some are clean, some filthy, the big chains are usually better)

2. If you can't, find a porto-john on a construction site...many times they're the cleanest ones around...just try to be respectful when using it and clean up after yourself.

3. Peeing in a jar in your vehicle...dump out at a later time...

4. If you absolutely have to, let it go in the ocean or sand, but for Pete's sake, don't pi** on a homeowner's property or dock...that's the absolute worst thing ya can do...

If this seems like common sense and a stupid thing to discuss to you, then you're not the one I'm targeting with this message...

Some people need to read these words, they really do....

Why is it that your frikkin assumptions are so uncanny, ya grouchy basstard!

Actually, that port o john had just been serviced the day before. Hardly any use where it was...And... it was cleaner than some hotel rooms...so I did fall asleep on the crapper! I was so tired I closed my eyes for a sec, and 10 minutes later some guy was knocking on the door saying he needed to use it...startled me and woke me up!
    Posts like this are a good reason for a face pal smiley. Just saying, Rich.

^ Aaaah, thanks for the feedback, Mick, but it's all good. If I was any less abrasive with the old grouch he might think I was a nice guy or something and I might get a hug out of it. Hugs from Finchaser??? Something is very wrong with the world when that grouch goes around hugging people....just trying to do my part to keep the Universe in balance...

That's what we do around here sometimes, the ball busting makes it entertaining...even when the guys hurl insults about my stinkin waders...
    BTW, Mick, hope ya weren't offended when I called ya a bastid for thinking I'm 53 ....ya know I love ya anyway....

so I did fall asleep on the crapper! I was so tired I closed my eyes for a sec, and 10 minutes later some guy was knocking on the door saying he needed to use it...startled me and woke me up!
    Jeesh Dark, I usually take a quick nap on the beach if need be. A dune, rock.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)