Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The life of a nomad, tips for on the road fishin

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    The way you smell the port O john probably did smell good,wouldn't surprise me if you took a nap in it.
    Why is it that your frikkin assumptions are so uncanny, ya grouchy basstard!

Actually, that port o john had just been serviced the day before. Hardly any use where it was...And... it was cleaner than some hotel rooms...so I did fall asleep on the crapper! I was so tired I closed my eyes for a sec, and 10 minutes later some guy was knocking on the door saying he needed to use it...startled me and woke me up!

Nomad disorganization and chaos.....,lately my car looks like my life...as I spend inordinate amounts of time to get into fish....I can't always be there in the AM. so I gotta work with what time I have....and truthfully, I'm kind of addicted to the night bite....

Today I was gonna take pics of the extra food I'm storing in the car for tomorrow, and the unhealthy snacks....but I dropped my camera Mon and I'm without a camera till I can replace that one....

the point I'm trying to make here, is if you're compulsive like me and can't get enough of the fish....then make sure you plan your meals ahead of time so ya's don't have to eat all the crap that will cause you to gain weight..... or you can just travel all over the state to find fish...I've lost 5lbs that way so far this week...

Default More toilet talk...

Look, we can't hide from it; it's a fact of life....

And the better we learn to deal with it, the less access we lose....

So here's some tips about taking care of business when nature calls...

1. Find a store, (WaWa and CVS usually have customer bathrooms) Gas station(some are clean, some filthy, the big chains are usually better)

2. If you can't, find a porto-john on a construction site...many times they're the cleanest ones around...just try to be respectful when using it and clean up after yourself.

3. Peeing in a jar in your vehicle...dump out at a later time...

4. If you absolutely have to, let it go in the ocean or sand, but for Pete's sake, don't pi** on a homeowner's property or dock...that's the absolute worst thing ya can do...

If this seems like common sense and a stupid thing to discuss to you, then you're not the one I'm targeting with this message...

Some people need to read these words, they really do....

Cheap snacks on the go....

WaWa's has a shorty roll, with cream cheese or butter, for $1.27, can't beat that deal.

Some Quik Cheks have hardboiled eggs, sold one at a time, like 50c each. Great value and a quick healthy protein snack when you're on the road. Remember the more garbage you eat the worse it is for your heart...

Toilet talk, I love it, you really crack me up sometimes ds. You are right, there are guys who don't care. Some places I fish smell like a public urinal troth. Thanks for the psa

Quote Originally Posted by plugaholic View Post
    . Some places I fish smell like a public urinal troth.
    Especially when dark is in the vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

3. Peeing in a jar in your vehicle...dump out at a later time...

Some people need to read these words, they really do....
    This reminder a public service from our fearless leader: Dump Those **** Jars, guys!

^^ Hey Mick, it's gonna be a long and cold winter....toilet etiquette posts are always interesting fodder when guys are bored out of their minds...therefore I'm all about those "toilet tips PSA's"

Speaking of nomads, ya need to make a road trip to NJ soon, it's time. I may not be around, but you should come anyway, I'll call ya with the details...

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Especially when dark is in the vicinity.

You can always smell when he's around, We should call him "pigpen skies".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PigPen.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	14397

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    You can always smell when he's around, We should call him "pigpen skies".

Name:	PigPen.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	14397
    Steve, you guys suck!
    But I guess I deserve it, going 2 days at a time without a shower, living in the car when the bite is hot....it's all good bro.

Nomad stench...
    I was driving around with the OFFC in their SUV on Thur....we stopped on the beach several times to meet up with sitemembers and mutual friends....
    one of these guys, as soon as he put his head inside to say hello, said...
    "Gee, it smells like FETA CHEESE in here! ....Since the Old Farts take showers every day like normal people, I have to assume that it was me that stunk that bad... Oh well, when the bite is on, everything else suffers...

Nomad sleeping arrangements...
    Slept in the car at BSP so as not to miss any of the bite..it was a little cold at night...37 degrees, had to wake up twice to turn the car heater on...was wrapped up in 3 blankets, thanks to OGB for the blanket he gave me, cause he knows I got some mental problems...

Nomad breakfast...

Name:	IMGP0034.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	14431

Additional Details, Fri...
    I was so amped up for the action today...after the paltry numbers I got Thu, I was determined to get some decent fish today....

Morning ammunition....
    Bagel with peanut butter....
    4 advils to pre-empt any soreness....
    2 five hour energy drinks.... After drinking those, putting on my drytop and wading belt, I was ready to battle Godzilla out there...

Why is it that your frikkin assumptions are so uncanny, ya grouchy basstard!

Actually, that port o john had just been serviced the day before. Hardly any use where it was...And... it was cleaner than some hotel rooms...so I did fall asleep on the crapper! I was so tired I closed my eyes for a sec, and 10 minutes later some guy was knocking on the door saying he needed to use it...startled me and woke me up!
    Posts like this are a good reason for a face pal smiley. Just saying, Rich.

^ Aaaah, thanks for the feedback, Mick, but it's all good. If I was any less abrasive with the old grouch he might think I was a nice guy or something and I might get a hug out of it. Hugs from Finchaser??? Something is very wrong with the world when that grouch goes around hugging people....just trying to do my part to keep the Universe in balance...

That's what we do around here sometimes, the ball busting makes it entertaining...even when the guys hurl insults about my stinkin waders...
    BTW, Mick, hope ya weren't offended when I called ya a bastid for thinking I'm 53 ....ya know I love ya anyway....

Steve, you guys suck!
    But I guess I deserve it, going 2 days at a time without a shower, living in the car when the bite is hot....it's all good bro.

Nomad stench...
    I was driving around with the OFFC in their SUV on Thur....we stopped on the beach several times to meet up with sitemembers and mutual friends....
    one of these guys, as soon as he put his head inside to say hello, said...
    "Gee, it smells like FETA CHEESE in here! ....Since the Old Farts take showers every day like normal people, I have to assume that it was me that stunk that bad... Oh well, when the bite is on, everything else suffers...

Slept in the car at BSP so as not to miss any of the bite..it was a little cold at night...37 degrees, had to wake up twice to turn the car heater on...was wrapped up in 3 blankets, thanks to OGB for the blanket he gave me, cause he knows I got some mental problems...

Dude you amaze me. Are you sure they didn't smell fromunda cheese? Maybe you should take a bath more than once a week and you won't have that problem. Sleeping in the car at 37 degrees, they are going to find you frozen like a popsicle one morning, don't say I didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    Dude you amaze me. Are you sure they didn't smell fromunda cheese? Maybe you should take a bath more than once a week and you won't have that problem. .

Are you using lack of personal hygiene to keep people away from you at the beach?

Feta and fromunda? I think Dark is just trying to lose weight and make a salad.
    Would you like some smegma for your dressing, sir?

so I did fall asleep on the crapper! I was so tired I closed my eyes for a sec, and 10 minutes later some guy was knocking on the door saying he needed to use it...startled me and woke me up!
    Jeesh Dark, I usually take a quick nap on the beach if need be. A dune, rock.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

[...
    Dark, sleeping in the car when its that cold out, do you know the IBML has a winter special rate of $40 a night? Check it out, man!

Face it, DS, you are a hobo.

Dark the Hobo, haha!

^^
    Which one would most closely resemble dark?

I think this one covers it best, dark. He exits a public bathroom after sleeping there, at 1:25.
    He looks for swans to eat at 2:00.
    Sound like anyone you know?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast