Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The life of a nomad, tips for on the road fishin

Default Re: The life of a nomad, tips for on the road fishin

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    Will that seminar series be held in a Mr. John, standing room only?
    Dark got a new cool place for you to go to the bathroom when it's cold. It's about 100' N of Pier Village in Long Branch. They even have it heated in the winter! Just think- you could sleep in it, saving on hotel costs.

Steve, you da man, thanks...
    Actually, I went in there Thu PM after fishing....the only thing is it wasn't heated at that time.....(although you are right it has been). I think they turn the heat on weekends now for the tourists...

There are few real pleasures in life as you get older.
    One of them is being able to sit your butt down on a toilet seat that's not ice cold when you have to dump.
    Another one is finding a bathroom nice enough to take a nap in....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Steve, you da man, thanks...
    Actually, I went in there Thu PM after fishing....the only thing is it wasn't heated at that time.....(although you are right it has been). I think they turn the heat on weekends now for the tourists...

There are few real pleasures in life as you get older.
    One of them is being able to sit your butt down on a toilet seat that's not ice cold when you have to dump.
    Another one is finding a bathroom nice enough to take a nap in....

Dark I don't know if I should laugh or puke at that. Hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Dark got a new cool place for you to go to the bathroom when it's cold. It's about 100' N of Pier Village in Long Branch. They even have it heated in the winter! Just think- you could sleep in it, saving on hotel costs.
    Heated bathroom, pretty good. Does it have current reading material or do you have to bring your own.

^ Surfwalker, the bathroom wasn't that great a place....last time in it I saw one of those little empty drug bags on the floor....there is a club nearby in Pier Village....could be it was becoming a place for some to go in there and cop a quick buzz before going into the club, or some others....the best thing I can say about it is it was heated and relatively cleaner than some other bathrooms.....

I know some will laugh at this, but I mark the location of every one of these that I will be passing by on the way to fishing.

As a veteran camper, I know all about crapping in the woods.
    Finding a clean porta-potty is like an oasis in a desert....
    there's something to be said for cleaning up well after all your toilet needs are met.

Finchaser will tell ya that fishing 2 days at a time as I do, I smell bad enough. Don't need any down-below smells coming from me.

Here is a shining example of what I mean.
    I found this on the side of the road, which would mean high-use.
    However, the inside was sparkling clean, almost spotless!
    And....they had a hand-sanitizer cannister that was full....it doesn't take much to make my day, on the road...

Attachment 13820
    Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    The way you smell the port O john probably did smell good,wouldn't surprise me if you took a nap in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Jeesh Dark, I usually take a quick nap on the beach if need be. A dune, rock.
    Mick, get with the program!

Some points for review...
    1. It is ok to take a nap in a port a potty, assuming it has been freshly serviced and you are one of the first 3 people to use it...

2. The lather up and shaving may not be done in the port a pottys, any true fishing nomad would know that....

3. For the bathing and washing of the stinking areas (armpits, orifices, etc), the best places for that are the large WaWas, bathrooms are usually clean first thing in the morning..... or the local CVS...their bathrooms are barely used by the public and are a pleasure to clean up in...if you're washing your head in the sink there, make sure you clean up after yourself and get er done in a hurry....

4. Small grocery stores are ok as well, but watch youself in the ghetto grocery stores around Jamaica bay, as has been discussed earlier in the thread.
    Wal-marts are ok if in a pinch, but IMO most Wal-Mart bathrooms have very high traffic, and are pretty disgusting, even for me....

So...low traffic = low germs...
    Hope that helped, bro....

For those who need further clarification, I may be putting together a seminar series this winter....

DS mottos=

everynight all night keeps my numbers up

nothing sleeps like a car seat

wind and rain is a soapless shower

oh thank heaven for 7/11
    home cooking gotta have my WAWA

I was looking over this thread. Thanks for the laughs, people, you made my day....
    The OGB felt sorry for me sleeping in my car all the time....found me a slightly used mattress to sleep on...just sent me this pic on the phone.....Thanks, Pal.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darks new bed.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	17020

figured I would post it before he did....

F the mattress ds! I found you a bathroom that some guy converted into the house. think of the possibilities!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...vate-home.html

lol

dark I found you another porto jon for the road trips. The homeowner even decorated it. Merry Christmas.

Name:	PortaPotty for ds.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	17865

He'll want to lease it with an option to buy.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

haha that's priceless! I found him one as well. Rich I couldn't resist!
    Your summer cottage at the shore?

Name:	darks summer house.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	18417

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedbass View Post
    Loved that story monty. I was drinking coffee after an all nighter and had a coughing fit. Some of it accidentally came out the back end. I felt the wet spot as I was driving. It was pretty gross as I had drank a lot of coffee. I reached down opened my pants and tried to put a napkin there. Someone driving a suv (higher point of view) saw me and looked at me in disgust. They probably thought I was j/o ing. that was an embarassing moment.

I read something here about dark having the same thing and having to dump his drawers in the woods. Rich I have to ask - did you lose something when you were fishing last week at night? Do you wear boxers or briefs?

Name:	darks drawers.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	18418

^^^^^^^haha lol!!!!!

haha that's priceless! I found him one as well. Rich i couldn't resist!
    Your summer cottage at the shore? :happywave:

Name:	darks summer house.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	18417
    :roflmao:
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^ OK ya mooks, laugh all you want....I'm saving big time on motel bills.....and a lot of the low budget motels have bed bugs anyway.....

Steve....starting to worry about ya......you and the other mooks can talk all ya's want about me sleeping in the port-a-potty....all good....
    But why the hell are ya worried about my underwear?
    Sudsy did the same thing at the last get together at JimB's house......commented about my clothes......I have never in my life had an interest in the clothes another man was wearing......

Should I be concerned about every time I bend over to unhook a fish....... if we ever do fish together again?
    I hope and pray you're not trying out for the other team.......

It's all good though....people....feel free to keep at it
    .......but PLEASE don't concern yerselves with my underwear.....
    (BTW that did happen to me once, good memory...but I had the decency to bury the smelly things in the woods.....)

Oh come on dude you know I'm totally hetero! I go to the Church of the Bearded Clam! Glad you liked my pick of summer cottage. No realtor fees.

I go to the Church of the Bearded Clam!
    The real question is would you have one tattooed like this chick had? She brought in a pic of her vaj and had it tattooed on her leg. Sweet!

Check out the bearded clam song lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    dark I found you another porto jon for the road trips. The homeowner even decorated it. Merry Christmas.

haha that's priceless! I found him one as well. Rich I couldn't resist!
    Your summer cottage at the shore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    :roflmao:
    The sitemember and friend I met at Berkeley didn't believe the story about me sleeping in porto pottys.
    Just for the record,

The Official Darkskies Porto Potty story

(Copyright Darkskies 2012)

I only did it once, and it was clean inside, had just been serviced. I was the first occupant to take a dump in there, and it felt great!
    Unfortunately, I was tired, and did end up taking a nap in there after I finished.......
    I had worked all day, was driving out to LI to fish the rockpiles off of Oyster Bay in my kayak......and I just couldn't go on anymore without a quick nap.
    I was rudely interrupted from this nap by a guy knocking on the door, who asked me how long I would be in there....
    Startled by his knock, and grumbly, I got myself together and out of there soon after.......

Hope that clears things up.......

The End.....

One of my nutcase friends, follows the fish all over. Has scored quite a few nice fish this year when everyone else gave up. To do it he sleeps in his truck a few nights at a time. Usually weekends when he is off work. Some of his largest fish are posted in the surf fishing pics thread started by surfstix.

He sent me this pic of his sleep setup, converted back of his truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1296.jpg  

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

BH really liked the bearded clam song thanks for sharing bro.
    Here's a quick shower for those on the road trips. Hangs from a tree in the woods.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast