Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The life of a nomad, tips for on the road fishin

Saw this thought you nomads might be interested

Good contributions, folks.
    Took a few nomad trips in the last month...
    A few were very productive and filled the addiction.....
    A few were where I was hitting some places "ahead of the bite" to visit some areas I hadn't visited in other states. Looking at log books from the past is helpful to dial in at times. Every year is different, and I wanted to see if I could get a handle on when the migratory fish would show up in those areas. So, for those trips, I did poorly overall....
    Still. you have to put in the time if you are serious about catching at night.....and I had to see for myself..

I had some great nights out there...where I was the only fool fishing in that area....it gave me a better sense of the tides and new holes and cuts when I do go back, and what the forage situations were....
    I fished waters that smelled like sewers....dirty as anything...and held big fish....also some of the most pristine waters in our area, outside of NJ....and felt alive just to be back and walking through the tidal areas, once more....
    Like old familiar faces of the old surfcasters I bump in from time to time......there are a lot of old familiar waters....that energize me just be walking through them.

Be careful on your journeys...
    Try to be respectful of homeowners...
    Try to be fully aware of the safety of your area...

Some great nights of fishing are still ahead...
    Good luck out there, people.
    Till next time.....

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

And always have a clean porta potty ready to sleep in.

Thanks for worrying about my toilet and hygiene needs, bababooey. How thoughtful of ya!
    Last week, Pebbles and I had to travel over the Throgs Neck Bridge. Beautiful deep water, filled with giant bunker and bluefish and bass right now. Made me yearn for a trip to the Western Sound, if I wasn't so busy. I miss those giant bluefish. The way things have become, its becoming necessary to travel to certain areas, for certain fish.

Any other tips to add, feel free.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678