Thread: Sears Mastercard/ Citibank partnership

Default Sears Mastercard/ Citibank partnership

Made a few small purchases in a store the other day, 45 minute holdup to get out of there. They flagged my account as a "problem", wouldn't tell me why. I have either a 5 or 10 k limit with them, never had a problem before, always pay my balance in full every month. I would rather eat dog food than owe a credit card company $$.

So we're on the phone with them, and they wouldn't communicate why the account was flagged. Had to reach 2 supervisors before they explained to me that it's possible they screwed up and compromised my info, but they were "not sure".

Card will be cancelled this week, I'll never use them again for the aggravation and embarassment I went through.

Effumall

Sears is not the same company we knew growing up, dark. Everything changes, not necessarily for the better. I'm surprised Sears has not declared bankruptcy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    never had a problem before, always pay my balance in full every month.
    There's yer problem right there, you don't keep a balance. You're not worth anything to them as a customer. Simple economics.

It's sad to say but people who pay off their cards every month don't make a lot of money for the credit card companies. I once had my card cancelled because I never ran a balance. It took many phone calls before the truth finally came out.

Not saying this happened to you dogfish but maybe they are in the works of fading you out.

Default Sears is a fading legacy

When this country was built, Sears was an important icon. Many households had a sears catalog being mailed to them regularly. Some of the early houses were supposedly built from Sears kits. When was the last time you bought anything from a Sears catalog? And their customer service it the pits, bottom of the barrel. They are another American company that is using the brand recognition of the past to sucker people into buying the crap they now carry. They are a completely different animal from the old Sears, that's why they're trying to branch out into the credit cards beyond the Sears card. Stick a fork in them they're done.