Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The anonymous plug builder *** ***** (Brasilva)

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    So who is this anonymous guy, does he work for the FBI? Why all the secrets?
    Hi , I am new here, soon I am going to let you all know about my other pics of my lures
    glad to be here
    thank you all
    good luck

Brasilva, those are some cool lures. Really nice work.
    I can't wait to see the others you are posting. Welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by stripermania View Post
    Brasilva, those are some cool lures. Really nice work.
    I can't wait to see the others you are posting. Welcome aboard
    thank you man, means alot to me, thank you
    good luck

Well, since he registered and joined, let me take this opportunity to welcome Brasilva.

I met him out in Jamaica Bay, you should see the huge cenventional rod he has, paired up with a magged reel, that thing can outcast a spincaster rod with a regular spinning reel. Some impressive casting skills he has.

From the short conversation I had with him, I could tell he was a fanatic about fishin. Seems he's a finatic about plugs, too. Good to have ya aboard, man!

I'm gonna open this forum to the general public. It doesn't matter if you're a member or not on this site, if you like Brasilva's work, contact him directly at:

jfsny@hotmail.com

Anyone who has bought or used any of his poppers, I would appreciate honest opinions of how they work, and what your opinion is. Thanks guys.

I had a chance to test out 2 of the plugs I bought from Brasilva on Sat. No fish on them yet, but it was a tough day all around. I only had a 1/2 hour window where I could catch any fish at all plugging.

I'll report more on them as I get a chance to fish them in the right conditions. For now I can confirm that they cast far, and can punch out into conditions when the wind is in your face. So I'm happy with that aspect of them.

Here's part of my report from the kayak forum:

"I managed 3 small blues in the next 1/2 hour, and that was it as the tide started to fill in. They were spitting up spearing. I tried switching to a smaller yozuri with a spearing sized teaser when the bite died, but no takers. All the way to Jamaica Bay, and only 3 bluefish?

The answer to that is that I want to learn all the areas this year that I haven't been to before. I know there will be a learning curve, as I figure out which areas produce better on the incoming, which produce better on the outgoing. Lots of lonely, unproductive hours and not catching as I learn these places.

Meanwhile, I get excited by the challenge. Im keyed up when I make a trip like this. Something about unexplored places brings out the excitement and enthusiasm in me. It's hard to explain it to people who haven't been there, but I love that place, fish or no fish.

I ended up drifting through an overpass area with bunker chunks, and a weight to keep it near the bottom. No takers. The wind kicked up again, and made passage back to where I launched difficult.

I stayed on an opposite point for awhile and casted there. The wind was howling in my face, so I brought out some of Brasilva's poppers for the first time so I could cast out into the channel. No fish on them or anything else, but I was happy with the distance I got out of them. They do cast well, and faaaaaaar. "

Here's the plugs I was using:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...?t=3782&page=4

(post #33)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12