Thread: Best Fishing Rods Under $100

Default Best Fishing Rods Under $100

Best Fishing Rods Under $100

May 12, 2009 by
    Brittany Tucker
    Fishing is a great American pastime. There are currently many fishing rods on the market but only a few can be labeled as being superb, dependable, stylish and under $100. Following are a few of the best fishing rods under $100.

The Shakespeare Tiger 7' Spinning Rod and Reel Combo is the perfect fishing rod for the beginner or expert fisherman. This fishing pole offers Shakespeare 7 foot 2 piece medium action spinning rod, a stainless steel guide with aluminum oxide inserts, graphite reel seats with stainless

steel holds, a ball bearing design, left and right convertible retrieve, it's spooled with line and it also has a Shakespeare Tiger spinning reel. This pole weighs an approximate 1.5 pounds. You can purchase this fishing rod only at your local Wal-Mart for $24 plus tax, it is currently out of stock online. Whether your catching bass or catfish the Shakespeare Tiger 7' Spinning Rod and Reel Combo offers the best dependability and performance.

The Okuma Halogen Spinning Fishing Rod and Reel Combo is great for the beginner fishermen as it is extremely easy to use. This fishing rod offers a 2 piece spinning combo, a medium spin, it's made of lightweight graphite, has reel adjusts for either right or left hand users, has 6 stainless steel ball bearings on reel, has an easy grip handle, and weighs an approximate 2.5 pounds. You can purchase this fishing rod online only at Target for $79.99 plus tax. Free shipping is offered. The Okuma Halogen Spinning Fishing Rod and Reel Combo is stylish and easy to use. What more could you ask for in a fishing rod?

The Zebco 33 Reel / Rhino Rod is affordable and stylish. This fishing rod offers a ball-bearing drive, retrieve for either right or left hand users, selective anti reverse, dual ceramic pickup pins, an auto bait alert and a 2 piece medium Rhino Kevlar casting rod. You can purchase this fishing rod online only at K-Mart for 38.99 plus tax. Keep in mind that you will also have to pay for shipping charges. The Zebco 33 Reel / Rhino Rod is great at offering it's user simplicity and dependability.

IMO as a rod builder also doing repairs for 3 shops

I would say Tica is best bang for the buck

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    IMO as a rod builder also doing repairs for 3 shops

I would say Tica is best bang for the buck
    Your opinion should carry more weight then, I like Ticas too. The prices don't kill you when you buy one, they have a responsive tip, and won't break your shoulder.

if u like tica take a look at d blue i have three of there rods the tica is now my back up rod trust me try d blue and u will see dam good rods

Thanks for the honest opinion finhaser. gjb1969 do you happen to have the model #s of the rods you are using? thanks

10 ft rod db07cssi1002k mh action
    9 ft rod db07cssp902k mh action it called the classic line but they have other rods now hope this helps

I would second the coments made on the DBlue rods. I like their 9 footer a lot for plugging especially because I can cast my plastics very far with it.

Tics is also a good bang for the buck.

Here is the Dblue site. http://www.dbluefishing.com/index.asp

Dblue has great customer service as well.

I like the Dblue as well. They recently raised thier prices, but still are a bargain compared to what you are getting for your money.

Default rods under $100

Forget all tha junk. Go to a fishermsn flea mkt. and look for good cond. Lammys or St. Croixs. Now thats the ticket!

What would you say are the reason St. Croix's are good?

for me i dont play the name game i fish with what feel good to me and i have bin fishing a long time now so i dont have to go with what people say i have had the low end and a few of the high end i have many large fish under my belt and how would u know if its junk if u have not tryed the rods

i found a rod i have not seen in a long time the rod feel good in the hand and it cast well its called black beauty i had seen the once at a shop and then they were gone the other day i see this rod now i know what some guys will say get this get that rod get what u like get what u can afford i have had top shelf rods and i have had bottom of the barrel rod i get fish eather way so guys its not the rods its the fisherman so if u want to play the name game and u can afford it go for it i will keep the extra money in my pocket tite lines and good fishin

i have a new toy to play with its rovex duren matched rod and reel it feels good and look as good but the jury is out on how it will hold up to a good fish over the long run so will give an update when some big fish come to town and i hope that is soon the whole set up cost me 60 bucks so we will see guys i will try to get up some picks of the setup so it can be seen

Default Re: Best Fishing Rods Under $100

Thanks for your thorough review on this rod here at http://www.stripersandanglers.com