Thread: Rhode Island fishing reports for July - December 2008

Default Rhode Island fishing reports for July - December 2008

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

"Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. It will also help others who may be driving some distance to get to the water, and want to increase their chances of hooking up.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

None of us was born knowing how to fish from birth, although many veterans would disagree. Posting what worked for you, and what didn't, will help others who will hopefully pass their skills, knowledge, love and respect for the water on to other anglers.

For a limited time, I will be giving out a plug, lure, custom jig, or something similar each month to 2 randomly chosen members who post in our regional fishing reports.

Member response has been ramping up, so I decided to change it from one lucky person to 2 people.

Winners for the Month of April 2008:

Southpaw1123 (NJ)
    Pinhead44 (NY)
    Please check your e-mail, and let me know where you want them sent.

Thank you all for your participation. Your chances of winning are the same if you post once, or 50 times, to make things fair for everyone. If you went fishing, and you post a report in ANY regional fishing report thread here, you are eligible, so keep those reports coming, folks.

Folks, I wanted to thank all the members who are taking the time to post fishing reports. Even if you went and didn't catch, that still qualifies as a report. With the prices of gas and fishing these days, every little bit of info helps.

It means a lot, and I appreciate it. This is all part of this site becoming a community. You get out of something what you put into it.

I hope you are enjoying and learning from these threads, and all the different forums. In fact, I know that many are, because we consistently have many more lurkers than posters.

So, I'm inviting all those lurkers to join this site! We're not a bad group of people, some a little crazy, but ok for the most part.

We already have a few members from Rhode Island here. When we get to more than 5 members who post in this report section regularly, I will start giving away plugs in random drawings, just like we have been doing for the NJ/NY forums.

If you post your fishing pics under the "fish pics" section in the regional forums, I will be having a random drawing at the end of the year for those folks as well.

It's easy and painless to join, and you have my pledge your e-mail address will never be sold or transmitted to a 3rd party. All info is private and confidential. Your registration and contact info is as private or open as you want it to be.

Thanks for coming to visit. To all you who are putting up the posts, thanks again. - bunkerjoe