Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

Hybrid View

Example 1:
    Within the last 4 days, someone took a dump on the lawn or driveway of a Pullman Ave house. I didn't see this personally, but it came from a reliable source.

I don't blame those homeowners for being angry and disgusted with us fishermen. Even though the Public Trust Doctrine
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=1044
    protects our access to some degree, that's no excuse to disrespect the property of others.

I see things geting worse. They closed that street to parking last year, that's one of the ways for town officials to legally restrict our access in the future. A few days ago I saw police cars giving out tickets to those who disregarded the signs.

If you got examples or stories of people doing stuff like this, put em up.

It kills me to see all the garbage on the beach that is brought on by fisherman. I think to myself that any day now we're going to lose access.

If it was easy to bring the bag of bait on the beach it should be easier to take the empty bag to the nearest garbage pail. We need to practice respecting our environment, and people that can voice their opinions that could cause us to lose our access.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Example 1:
    Within the last 4 days, someone took a dump on the lawn or driveway of a Pullman Ave house. I didn't see this personally, but it came from a reliable source.

I don't blame those homeowners for being angry and disgusted with us fishermen. Even though the Public Trust Doctrine
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=1044
    protects our access to some degree, that's no excuse to disrespect the property of others.

I see things geting worse. They closed that street to parking last year, that's one of the ways for town officials to legally restrict our access in the future. A few days ago I saw police cars giving out tickets to those who disregarded the signs.

If you got examples or stories of people doing stuff like this, put em up.
    Things will continue to get worse IMO if we don't let it be known that disrespecting others property is condoned by us. The guy would did the dirty deed should have his MO plastered all over the net. Maybe he'll think twice if people start to slam his behavior.

Yes, it's pretty disgusting the behavior of some of these so-called "fishermen". The worst part is that I don't consider bunker blitzes to be real fishing but more like shooting into a barrel.

You can’t blame just fisherman .There are beach goers’ out there that litter the beaches and park in restricted areas as well.
    My friend and I were preparing to head out on Memorial Day to fish when we saw 6 of 7 bags of garbage lying around the parking lot left by beach goers.

I find that the beach bathers are far worse than the fishermen. We need to keep promoting clean-ups.

Another item to be brought to the forefront is that of keeping shorts. Can't tell you how many times you see guys trying to walk off the beaches with shorts. Is it just because they are ignorant and don't know the rules. I think they don't care and would walk off with more if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    You can’t blame just fisherman .There are beach goers’ out there that litter the beaches and park in restricted areas as well.
    My friend and I were preparing to head out on Memorial Day to fish when we saw 6 of 7 bags of garbage lying around the parking lot left by beach goers.

It's about time someone said something that wasn't only about us on the beach. This weekend on the Island I saw a mother change her baby's diaper and leave it on the beach, ***?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffT View Post
    Yes, it's pretty disgusting the behavior of some of these so-called "fishermen". The worst part is that I don't consider bunker blitzes to be real fishing but more like shooting into a barrel.
    What would you consider 10 boats chasing after a pod of 100 bunker to be, and none of them catching anything because they all overran them, putting it down? I saw that yesterday, and have seen that repeated over and over again in the last few days. I have a boat, and will not take it out on the crowded weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    What would you consider 10 boats chasing after a pod of 100 bunker to be, and none of them catching anything because they all overran them, putting it down? I saw that yesterday, and have seen that repeated over and over again in the last few days. I have a boat, and will not take it out on the crowded weekends.
    I'd call them brainless hacks, especially if it was obvious no fish were harrassing the small pod.

I saw a boat do the same on Saturday morning. All of the boats were staying away from the pod but then this one Mako boat decided it needed to get to the other side and went right through the edge of the pod and they went down not too much later. I am sure the other boats were pissed.

Default Re: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    This morning was like a boaters convention. You would have thought they were giving away free tanks of gas instead of striped bass. Stopped and saw these boats later on, didn't see one bass caught.

some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AH boats.JPG   AH boats (1).JPG  

AH boats (2).JPG   AH boats (4).JPG  

Default Re: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffT View Post
    It makes them all pro from a no skill method to me they are a bunch of losers

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    This is the attitude of a lot of guys out there, In Ristori's column Friday.

"Capt. Chris De Stefano of Wall said his son got into lots of big bass off Spring Lake this morning but was upset about the lack of releases of those large females by some boaters."
    this is the true beginning of the end which is getting closer as each day and blitz end, the bunker will truely be the demise of the bass

I got a text this morning saying its on in jersey. *** should I get out of work early, cross bridges and tunnels, and speed 80mph to get my May trophy? there will be bigger fish in M in 4 weeks. What I don't understand is why the guys stand around and don't even try to fish until someone else is hooked up. Is that really fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    I got a text this morning saying its on in jersey. *** should I get out of work early, cross bridges and tunnels, and speed 80mph to get my May trophy? there will be bigger fish in M in 4 weeks. What I don't understand is why the guys stand around and don't even try to fish until someone else is hooked up. Is that really fishing?
    I do not consider it fishing. I would and do avoid it, no interest in even trying to be part of that mess.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^ I'll never understand that kind of fishing. We didn't do it when I lived in New Jersey because we didn't have the bunker coming in close like you folks do now. I believe that is a relatively recent phenomenon.

That jetty is so sanded in I don't think there are any more fish there

Looks worse than the canal in June

Pic taken by a guy I know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45149175966.jpg  

Mothers day and memorial day usually signal the start of the jersey bunker blitzes. Have been out on the surf seen a lot of happy bunker lately. Will history repeat itself in the next 4 weeks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast