Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

Default Re: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    What would you consider 10 boats chasing after a pod of 100 bunker to be, and none of them catching anything because they all overran them, putting it down? I saw that yesterday, and have seen that repeated over and over again in the last few days. I have a boat, and will not take it out on the crowded weekends.
    This morning was like a boaters convention. You would have thought they were giving away free tanks of gas instead of striped bass. Stopped and saw these boats later on, didn't see one bass caught.

some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AH boats.JPG   AH boats (1).JPG  

AH boats (2).JPG   AH boats (4).JPG  

Default Re: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    This morning was like a boaters convention. You would have thought they were giving away free tanks of gas instead of striped bass. Stopped and saw these boats later on, didn't see one bass caught.
    I have a totally different appreciation of fishing that excludes crowds and doesn't include the snag and drop.
    I just don't understand the "lure" of that type of fishing.
    And then the concern I have for the dwindling Striper breeding stock. If they did start catching and killing would I be happy for them? No.
    Thanks for the pics Hookset
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Re: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

I used to live in Jersey and we never had parking lots like that so close to shore. That looks to be about 1/4 mile off. All because of the bunker blitzes that you folks are into? Unbelievable.

hookset thats just stupid i heard there were not a lot of fish caught on sat anyway. all that waiting for what

This is the attitude of a lot of guys out there, In Ristori's column Friday.

"Capt. Chris De Stefano of Wall said his son got into lots of big bass off Spring Lake this morning but was upset about the lack of releases of those large females by some boaters."

this is the true beginning of the end which is getting closer as each day and blitz end, the bunker will truely be the demise of the bass

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffT View Post
    Yes, it's pretty disgusting the behavior of some of these so-called "fishermen". The worst part is that I don't consider bunker blitzes to be real fishing but more like shooting into a barrel.
    It makes them all pro from a no skill method to me they are a bunch of losers

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    This is the attitude of a lot of guys out there, In Ristori's column Friday.

"Capt. Chris De Stefano of Wall said his son got into lots of big bass off Spring Lake this morning but was upset about the lack of releases of those large females by some boaters."
    this is the true beginning of the end which is getting closer as each day and blitz end, the bunker will truely be the demise of the bass

I got a text this morning saying its on in jersey. *** should I get out of work early, cross bridges and tunnels, and speed 80mph to get my May trophy? there will be bigger fish in M in 4 weeks. What I don't understand is why the guys stand around and don't even try to fish until someone else is hooked up. Is that really fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    I got a text this morning saying its on in jersey. *** should I get out of work early, cross bridges and tunnels, and speed 80mph to get my May trophy? there will be bigger fish in M in 4 weeks. What I don't understand is why the guys stand around and don't even try to fish until someone else is hooked up. Is that really fishing?
    I do not consider it fishing. I would and do avoid it, no interest in even trying to be part of that mess.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^ I'll never understand that kind of fishing. We didn't do it when I lived in New Jersey because we didn't have the bunker coming in close like you folks do now. I believe that is a relatively recent phenomenon.

Charlie they do the same thing at mecca but it isn't that pronounced. There are those of us who will fish no matter what. the spyglass crowd will always be looking over our shoulder. I don't know if you can do much about it. Sign of the times.

BB some of these binoc guys are fat and out of shape. They wouldn't last 5 minutes hopping rocks at M.

Speedy had a funny take on it when I was talking to him the other day...he called them "Waiters".
    I thought I didn't understand, thought he meant "Waders"...

He said...."No dude, it's WAITERS! The guys too lazy to actually fish until someone is hooked up, sitting there with the binocs, they WAIT till someone else hooks up and come running down, they are WAITERS! "

Great word Speedy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    He said...."No dude, it's WAITERS! The guys too lazy to actually fish until someone is hooked up, sitting there with the binocs, they WAIT till someone else hooks up and come running down, they are WAITERS! "

Great word Speedy.
    Awesome Speedy!!!!!!!

Don't forget the boat guys. Last year I was fishing near the rocks in moco and this capt came within 100' of us to fish. Unbeleivable!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat mugger.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	17122

Epic Fishing - What does it mean to You??

I have seen this term thrown around so loosely lately that I have to confess it gets irritating to me.
    ....IMO one of the most over-hyped terms in usage for Saltwater fishing
    I thought I would ask for opinions here......How do you define it?

Is it
    Quantity of fish
    Quality of fish
    Duration of the bite
    Can bluefish be mixed in with bass for it to be epic, or does it have to be pure bass?......Why??

Or...is it being all by yourself, away from crowds. and managing the most fish you have all season, in one night....until your arms are tired....What I'm getting at here...is how and what it is...that causes you to define a "good" trip as something more than that....what makes it epic?

Would love to hear you peoples' thoughts and opinions......thanks

Duration/ all day blitzes on miles of beach, fish are fish get over the striper thing blues will eff you up better then any bass that swims.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Duration/ all day blitzes on miles of beach, .
    I have never seen an all day blitz. The best was like 3 hours. You must of been fishing a long time to see that. thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Can bluefish be mixed in with bass for it to be epic, or does it have to be pure bass?......Why??

Has to be pure bass. Most guys who have custom lamis, Zeebasses, and the most expensive surf gear have no interest in blues. Ever see how they kick them back into the water from the sand and don't bother waking the extra 20 feet to put them in? Bass are the only thing that matters to the coolest of the cool. Go on facebook epic is pasted on the top of every report where they got more than 10.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast