Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Duration/ all day blitzes on miles of beach, fish are fish get over the striper thing blues will eff you up better then any bass that swims.
    Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    I have never seen an all day blitz. The best was like 3 hours. You must of been fishing a long time to see that. thanks for sharing
    What surfstix said. Blitzes that lasted days and even for a week at a time. Not tall tales just true recollections. The blitzes today are nothing. The spriing bunker blitzes can last for hours but I tend to avoid them because of the type of fisherman they attract. There used to be real blitzes where your arms would get tired. You would go to the 7-11 for coffeee and then come back for some more at night. The duration is the thing that has been appreciably less.

Access problems for surfcasters 2014

1) Less Fish
    2) More fisherman as other species have shorter seasons
    3) Access issues
    4) Facebook liars, braggers and just plain idiots

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    3) Access issues
    4) Facebook liars, braggers and just plain idiots
    I agree with all but think these 2 will give the most problems

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Facebook liars, braggers and just plain idiots
    this is the worst offense no doubt did anyone see the latest facebook photo on surfcasters inc? There are dozens of comments laughing about the camraderie and the fun they had fishing together. jmo but looks about as much fun as hanging out at a gay bathhouse. not for me thats for sure.

Attachment 17920
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails one call does it all.jpg  

They might as well be fishing a pond elbow to elbow.
    Not for me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    this is the worst offense no doubt did anyone see the latest facebook photo on surfcasters inc? There are dozens of comments laughing about the camraderie and the fun they had fishing together. jmo but looks about as much fun as hanging out at a gay bathhouse. not for me thats for sure.

Attachment 17920
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

may 23 2014

They are here let the insanity start back to no fishing on weekends

Just watched a fisherman get pushed out of his spot by surfers on the web cam

June 4. Needle in a haystack.

A picture from today's intel Bucket head where are you

Finchaser I was off to the side. Some of the younger guys saw us catching fish and came running down like the calvary soldiers from WWII. I am too old to play games with those folks and just moved on. I kept walking looking for large concentrations of bait while many of the others were looking for blitzes with binoculars. After moving a bit I found some more fish and kept doing that so I was on the periphery. A lot of my fish were taken by blind casting. I did just as well or better than some of the younger folks literally running up and down the beach to follow the bunker. There was other bait under the surface. Ended up fishing next to 2 young Spanish or Mexican gentlemen. What impressed me is with all the good fishing going on they only left with 3 nice fish between them. Some of the club members I saw had a few fish laying around on the beach, possibly more than their limit. I feel there is some culling going on by some fishing club members and it should be addressed by their Presidents. I try to walk away as it sickens me to see it. I am too old to fight these young Vikings. I would rather catch fish on the edge than be in the midst of the mayhem.

Congratulations on your fish as well. I am impressed with your 45lb bass and have enjoyed your reports here for years. My 26, not so much although it was a good fish to me. I remember the old days at Giglios when a 26 would rarely cause a raised eyebrow because many of the "nice" fish weighed in were much bigger. Those were the days.

^^^Great job I must know you I use to go to giglio's when Art was there.

Yes the younger generation are all about blitz and cell phone fishing . I am not into that commando fishing either. It's amazing how us old folks still show respect for the sport, people and the fish. Many of them don't realize we taught them what they know not what we know. Anyway great catching the 26 from the beach is a greater achievement to me then a 45 from a boat

I am never cold when I am catching fish thats the key!

Anyone see this photos from today floating around facebook, truly amazing Attachment 19074
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10411252_754066597982125_8382280056092253568_n.jpg  

Yeah I agree. Catching brings your adrenaline level up. Cold dont matter if you are into some nice fish. Saw that fb pic as well. Ocean county has turned into a zoo with not much to show for it.

What it looked like at the park a few days ago when news of the bite got out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2323u2349 IB.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19085

God thats crazy! Who would want to fish in that crowd?

the 1 day bite is over fish moved on yesterday see above the boats thought they might be in the surf like Saturday wrong yesterday suc_ed on beach and the 300 hundred or so boats

The Gambler had 80 fairs and drew the pool out of a hat as no bass or blues were caught

If those boats did that here they would have holes in the side of them.That's when surf fishing and boat fishing clash in NY
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I'm not saying you should start fights with boats but some times you have to stand up to the insanity. I go by the general rule that whoever was at the spot first should get to fish - surfers, boats, surf fishermen, divers, whatever. All should respect the others. Unfortunately in this society there are a lot of selfish chaps.

Good topic, Pete....
    Bringing this to the top because of the intense competition, limited areas, abundant bait, and limited bodies of fish, are causing some folks to act really stupidly and thoughtlessly out there.

Got a few stories yesterday from the boaters....
    I don't want to veer toward any one group....there are plenty of thoughtless and rude stories about folks who are fishing from land as well now...running up and down a beach without regard for their fellow fishermen, or those who might have been there first.....

Thought you folks might want to share, what you have been seeing......
    And asking people to realize that a little courtesy goes a long way.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Thought you folks might want to share, what you have been seeing......
    And asking people to realize that a little courtesy goes a long way.....
    Found these on the net. Seems like every boat within 50 miles was fishing up in seaside today?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bunker Fleet.jpg   Fleet.jpg  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast