Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

I remember being in the surf flyfishing, by myself, catching a bit... all of a sudden, and I mean "one minute lonely, one minute mugged" I was surrounded by the crowd. Obviously "they" didn't know what a flyline does. Totally nuts. Gave up and left since I didn't want to hook anyone. I gave up following the crowds long time ago, might have decreased my catch rate but surely improved my quality of life. The boats on the beach drive me insane as well, understandable at times, but still not cool if you were standing there first.

Run run to mantaloking! Wonder what happened to the stripers at seaside. Looked at the surf cams and there are a lot of empty beaches out there. In Cape May by us it has been a desert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nov 07 mantoloking.jpg   nov 07 mantoloking 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by surfrob View Post
    I remember being in the surf flyfishing, by myself, catching a bit... all of a sudden, and I mean "one minute lonely, one minute mugged" I was surrounded by the crowd. Obviously "they" didn't know what a flyline does. Totally nuts. Gave up and left since I didn't want to hook anyone. I gave up following the crowds long time ago, might have decreased my catch rate but surely improved my quality of life. The boats on the beach drive me insane as well, understandable at times, but still not cool if you were standing there first.
    To you man for not following the crowds! It gets very frustrating. The reports talk about fish they got yesterday. Have never seen bunker around for more than one day unless in the back bay. I can't believe they would mug a fly fisherman too! Aren't they afraid of getting hit by a back cast? smh

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Run run to mantaloking! Wonder what happened to the stripers at seaside. Looked at the surf cams and there are a lot of empty beaches out there. In Cape May by us it has been a desert.

From a report posted yesterday

Saturday sucked ,saw one good pod of bunker off the pipe and 50 boats trying to run each other over snagging ,bunker spooning whatever.It was dogfish heaven as well, very few bass came over the side after 7am.the late bite ended up past the governors mansion off LBI trolling bunker spoons,they liked white.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post

When it looks like this is when mistakes are made. Was in a crowd early spring like that. Idiots running through and too close to others. It doesn't take too much to put the bunker down.

They should make everyone who takes the boating safety course watch a 30 minute video on how to fish properly without screwing it up for their fellow fishermen. You would think this would be common sense. Apparently not.
    My .02

Read this on the net. Seems like it was absolute insanity on Sunday. Why would people not want to practice basic courtesy? i don't get it.

"I've never seen so many boats fishing so close to shore over such a relatively small area. At one time the fleet of boats had to stretch for close to three miles or more. There were a few jackasses who just couldn't resist blasting through the boats and the bait. There were a few uncourteous individuals who ran in between boats that were livelining only yards from their transoms. They couldn't see the bunker schools people were working or they didn't care to see. It was not easy to work around all of the boats to get to the bait, but it wasn't impossible if you just were patient. Check out the fleet pictures from off Lavalette today. Even the Belmar boats were there and the party boats were railed. For the amount of customers and the number of fish available to them, a lot of fishermen on the party boats went home fishless."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bunkerfleet2.jpg   bunkerfleet3.jpg  

Man that is nutz! So close if they had to take a dump and ran out of TP they could borrow a roll from the next boat.

Unbelievable. There must be hundreds of boats in that one pic. Read about it on fb. Near limits and limits for everyone. I sure hope some fish are still swimming by the time they get to Cape May.

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Fished moco yesterday for 2 hours till dark. Got a lot of that "you just missed em buddy they were here today!"
    Hah I got that too. Tried several places in moco. At one they were saying they got blues and some stripers and catching good. Then some guy named capt ron in his huge boat came and mugged them. Isn't that weird a boat mugging the surf guys rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Nice going to all u guys who found them! I haven't been out just reading reports and it's crazy to me how some are saying "the best fall run ever" and "the bass pop is strong".....Maybe the best run for some on a personal level but not as a general statement...Way to spotty and WAYYYY to many guys fishing opposed to catching...I saw some pics of the boats lined up in OC..it was INSANE how many there were!! The bunker schools and puts have been hold fish and some good ones but if ya don't find the schools seems your SOL!!....
    Thats what I was hearing. Got skunked last night. Did hear of some nice blues and a few stripers mixed in until the boats came and ruined it.

Not that unusual. Have been at Sandy Hook many times and got mugged by the boats. They just don't care. "Me first" attitude. Even with their fellow boaters. You guys were saying that the other day. what happened to common sense and respect for the fisherman next to you?

This is a screen grab from the montauk video posted. How would you like to fish that close to each other?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mtk blitz 46.jpg  

Ocean County yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1480199213485.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	20599

I recognize some of those guys in that picture that's where I ended up getting fish yesterday. it was very crowded reminded me of demo when the sand eels were here 2 years ago.

WOW!!!!!! No thanks!

It's been a zoo, that's putting it mildly.

That is insanity. I don't care if they are catching fish or not I would not want to fish in that.

I was part of that craziness this weekend, got a few decent fish out of it. the problem is they really are not a lot of fish. You either fish blitzes during the day and try to get in the middle, or you won't get numbers. It is what it is. night fishing is so much more peaceful. The night bite has been up and down for me. You can't count on it. So a lot of guys chase the blitzes in the afternoons and that's the results.

That jetty is so sanded in I don't think there are any more fish there

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast