Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NJ fishing reports for June 1-15, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by amboyangler View Post
    Nice catches Lenny D. Were those caught out front? I think I might have seen you yesterday if so. Saw a guy in an orange yak coming back in and he had to wait for the right wave to bring him into the surf. Looked pretty cool.
    Yap, ocean front, about 100 - 150 yards

Default Great

LennyD, love the pictures and happy for you on your fine catches.

Haven't been out much this week. Yesterday, 3am-9am. Plugs. Some blues on poppers and a 17" fluke that went for my teaser in the dark.

nice yak bass

So i was out there again sat with Amboy Angler nothing doing, It looks like a bit of a down cycle after going off a few days in a row, lets hope it doesnt last long.

Fished MoCo from 1pm to 4pm. 1 -25 inch bass on an afterdark swimmer, and had a Blowup on a Pencil poper. It looked like it would have been a nice size fish.

Default MY Luck

last week searching NoMoCo for the big bass, I thought i finally got lucky as I finally saw some fish breaking in the bunker. I ran out to the beach, along with 3 other fisherman, fish still busting in front of us and took my place 4th in line.

as we were all casting plugs, I saw the 3 people to my right all hook and land bass between 15 to 20 lbs. I made a caast and finally hooked up. I had thoughts of a big bass, but landed a bass of 24 INCHES. What was he doing with the big boys. The fish then disappeared, leaving me without a fish to even bragg about.

Thats FISHING

Fished a couple places between 1:30 and 7:30 AM.
    Caught this one bass out front. Bass hit the sand eel teaser (thanks for the heads up Rich on the sand eels).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6130027.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	6961
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Zig zagged all over the place last night in search of fish action. Started early in the ocean, ran into AA and crew to fish the back.

There was a decent bite from a rockpile, but Fighting Irish came between the fish and the guys on the rock. Despite being asked to back off, the fish were put down by him more than once, only 4 were caught in a short window.

Granting the Courteous Unselfish Sportsman of the week award to this guy, no one wins when people behave like this.

I wonder if boaters and surfcasters will ever be able to fish together in harmony?

Back to the fishin, first part of the night was a bait brigade, I held the lead with a fat eel. Then we started plugging as the tide came in. Nothing for me, one dropped fish and a few swings and misses for the others. First light, we went back to the ocean.

Awesome sunrise plugging as we plugged hard, and others watched us with binoculars. Plugged the end of outgoing, beginning of the incoming for 2 hrs, awesome whitewater no fish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	6976

There were some boats around marking bait, but they eventually broke up.

Went back to the previous spot to try to redeem ourselves with at least one fish pulled in, but it was not to be. Tried our best, plugs, shads, bucktails, rubber jigs, bait, night of the skunk.

Out front this morning 4:30 - 8:30. Two bass around 24 inches. One on a danny and the other on the rubber teaser. The water was great, lots of white water.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Came down from NY and fished with a buddy of mine yesterday. MoCo out front early in the morning. Wanted to bring clams but he said we would be better of plugging. Couple of bumps, nothing brought in.. Should have used the clams.

Dark is correct the boaters need to show more respect for the surfcasters. I bet eventually the boaters become surfcasters.

Spent a total of 17 hours out on the water at numerous spots out front and in the back. Nothing at all to show for it. Started out front at around 6 oclock PM... Saw the bunker out far by the boats and it looked like they were catching. As soon as the bunker get in close enough to do something with, this prick in a boat comes and rides right over the pod and they go under. I couldn't believe my eyes. It would have been hectic on the jetty we were on anyway. There were like 50 guys on it with no elbow room and all hell would have broken loose. Night fall came and my buddy June and I headed further North and walked the beach for about 3 hours throwing every plug in the bag in every nook and cranny out there. NADA...... Met with 2 other friends and hit the back after that and tossed some clams at slack and outgoing. Tried some plugs out there too.... My buddy hooked an eel.... My other buddy had a couple of hookups on plastics but lost them every time... One came back bitten in half. Dawn came around and we hit the same jetty. This time it was just us..And a couple of guys watching. (I'm gonna be doing this next time). There was a storm passing by and it looked very prospective but nothing happened. Got hit by a couple of Rogue Waves. Felt Great. Water is much warmer right now..... I am always at the wrong place at the wrong time. Getting very discouraged with all the time I put in. Havent caught a bass since May.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 06-15-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: less specific

well aa dont feel so bad just keep fishing it will come

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345