one on bomber fuse rubber
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx BPF 836.jpg  
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

good one on bomber fuse .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx BPF 838.jpg  

1-bomber fuse 6 inch
    tsunami shad/curltail.[thanks to Monty for those.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H plug Werx BPF 840.jpg   H-H plug Werx BPF 841.jpg  

bomber fuse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H plug Werx BPF 843.jpg   H-H plug Werx BPF 845.jpg  

saltwater assassin.
    bomber fuse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H plug Werx BPF 846.jpg   H-H plug Werx BPF 847.jpg  

saltwater assassin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H plug Werx BPF 849.jpg  

harvested fattie before and after[sportsmans dinner].
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H plug Werx BPF 850.jpg   H-H plug Werx BPF 851.jpg  

Hey no offense it looks like big men sling wood but they also sling rubber when the going gets tough lol! I got a few last night with bucktail and rubber grub. Guess rubber does outfish big wood at certain times. I threw plugs last night and could not get a touch. Nice going and the striper dinner looks great. About to go and get me some breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Hey no offense it looks like big men sling wood but they also sling rubber when the going gets tough lol! I got a few last night with bucktail and rubber grub. Guess rubber does outfish big wood at certain times. I threw plugs last night and could not get a touch. Nice going and the striper dinner looks great. About to go and get me some breakfast.
    well,it's only natural,they slow down with the cooler water,one has to adjust the technique since they are not willing to hit large prey.
    also even though the bunkers are still around seems like nothing is bothering them,the herring have shown up and the fish prefer a slimmer bait.

I watched the bunkers this morning swimming around and the herring were getting beat up,bunkers didn't even scatter once.
    just the way it is I guess.
    I got some on smaller wood but,with the lighter gear I like to throw plastic plugs/rubber/bucktails.
    good you got into some and no offence taken,,,all my big sticks are washed,oiled and up on the rack for the winter.
    time for the lighter sticks to play.

cheers

Cool bomber rubber,,,,,,

bomber fuse even catches bunker,,,,any way it can.
    btw,the second and third pic is the same fish just diff angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx BPF 852.jpg   H-H PlugWerx BPF 853.jpg  

H-H PlugWerx BPF 854.jpg  

one on a tsunami long stick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx BPF 855.jpg  

As with all of us in life, we all reach the point where we have to say "Farewell".
    Capt. Dan after 37 seasons has decided to retire.
    Capt. Dan for those who know him, was the hardest working Night Striped Bass fishermen on the coast. I've never met a more dedicated person to what he does in my life, I only wish he had started with us sooner.

Dan made his bones early on learning the fishery from Capt. Marty Haines (Sea Pigeon) in Perth Amboy, working deck and all the while taking in all the aspects of becoming a Captain....An Old School guy till the end, Dan still fished numbers, not spots on the plotter. He also learned much about Striper fishing from Capt. Jerry Cerilo who used to run the Freddy C. Taking what he learned and bringing it to another level.
    After many years working on the Angler and building his business Dan came to work for me in 2012. Many things have changed since the Glory days of Night Striper fishing when 200 fish a night were common!
    Dan's no non-cents approach to the business was a plus and earned him much respect among his peers, including me. An amazing Man to watch in the ship yard as he never took a break....Eating a sandwich with one hand and running a sander with the other!

You will be missed Capt. I wish you all the Happiness in the World where ever your life takes you.....Fair winds and smooth sailing my Friend, it was a pleasure working with you.
    Capt. Ron
    Fisherman

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post

one on a tsunami long stick.
    Is that plastic I see

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Is that plastic I see
    oh boy another one?
    yes it indeed is plastic.
    put all the big sticks up in the rack for the winter now it's the light gear.
    one needs to scale down sometimes,the time is now.
    am I a bit embarrassed?,,,,uh huh.
    lol

Cool

6-1/4 inch ressurected BPS lazer eye plug.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx BPF 856.jpg  

Your fish and chips look great also a great before and after pictures

Hey Roddy....if Fin is busting your stones a bit....it's a good thing..........it's like having some of your old-timer friends from the bridge-fishing days bust your balls.......

If he didn't like ya....he would ignore ya....consider yourself blessed.....

Best wishes to you and Sandy for a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving....

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Dan made his bones early on learning the fishery from Capt. Marty Haines (Sea Pigeon) in Perth Amboy, working deck and all the while taking in all the aspects of becoming a Captain....An Old School guy till the end, Dan still fished numbers, not spots on the plotter. He also learned much about Striper fishing from Capt. Jerry Cerilo who used to run the Freddy C. Taking what he learned and bringing it to another level.
    After many years working on the Angler and building his business Dan came to work for me in 2012. Many things have changed since the Glory days of Night Striper fishing when 200 fish a night were common!

Fair winds and smooth sailing my Friend, it was a pleasure working with you.
    Capt. Ron
    Fisherman
    I remember some of those Glory Days....I looked forward to that every Spring and Fall.....night fishing for striped bass.....you had a few boats in the Bay going out for bass every night...when the fishing was good........
    There used to be so much interest in bass fishing, and the catching part was so great....the boats were often railed.....if you got stuck in traffic after work and got there late....forget it.....you would be lucky to squeeze on board.

Now, 2015...you're lucky to have 2 party boats fishing the bay for bass at night....my how times have changed.....

The mates would save the choicest spots for the regulars....more than once guys would gripe about that...

but that was how it was....we all accepted it....and dealt with it.........just like when a guy got physically tossed off a jetty.....He did not go and file a police report...or whine on the internet about it.....(there was no internet to whine on...it was all message boards back then)
    He dusted himself off.....chalked it up to experience, learned from it...and became a better fisherman...because someone gave him the harshness/roughness he needed at that moment.....kind of a "school of hard knocks" learning experience.....

Yep...the Glory Days.......since forgotten...but not completely.......

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast