Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glory Daze,,

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nice!
    TY,,,,
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

a few on rubber.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1037.jpg   H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1038.jpg  

H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1039.jpg   H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1040.jpg  

H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1041.jpg   H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1042.jpg  

more on rubber.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1043.jpg   H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1044.jpg  

H-H PlugWerx-CatchWerx 1045.jpg  

Lots of hungry stripers that you are catching.
    would love to see those stripers in New Jersey but right now the blue fish have invaded. I think they swim away somewhere because we have so many of these giant Gators.

Great job thanks for sharing . Would you say you are catching more bass closer to sunrise, or closer to sunset. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
    Lots of hungry stripers that you are catching.
    would love to see those stripers in New Jersey but right now the blue fish have invaded. I think they swim away somewhere because we have so many of these giant Gators.
    yeah I bet they do,,,I always wondered where they go when the gators how up.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    Great job thanks for sharing . Would you say you are catching more bass closer to sunrise, or closer to sunset. Thanks.
    I would have to say it's mostly in the dark.
    closer to light they do attack but, the action is short,they stop when the sun gets up too high.
    same thing with the gators unless there is bait flushing out.
    most times the gators are farther out away from shore in the dark then they head in close at first light.

2 on new wood!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx-FishWerx 1046.jpg   H-H PlugWerx-FishWerx 1047.jpg  

Cool! man you are really crushing it!

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    Cool! man you are really crushing it!
    it has slowed down some.
    the resident fish have moved out.
    some gators are showing up but, not the monsters like whats in jersey.
    gonna go do a reconnoiter this coming early am,will fish till a bit after first light,will see if I can find any.

whats this,I'm the only one posting to this thread?,,I know some of you guys are catching too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx 1048.jpg   H-H PlugWerx 1049.jpg  

H-H PlugWerx 1050.jpg   H-H PlugWerx 1051.jpg  

a few on wood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H-H PlugWerx 1055.jpg   H-H PlugWerx 1056.jpg  

H-H PlugWerx 1060.jpg   H-H PlugWerx 1061.jpg  

My guess is you catch so many stripers that some guys might feel intimidated. You catch more stripers in one season than I have caught in 5 years! keep up the good work you really are a pro at catching bass. Tight lines

Who? Roddy? He's just another goog who iives in Ct.
    He puts his pants on one leg at a time, like the rest of us....

The thing that separates him from the rest of some of the other fishermen...is that when he DOES find fish, he exploits that pattern, night after night.... until it's done.

As a result he has some great numbers...but let's not forget all the hours he is putting in...
    Roddy, I have some nice pics from this year....I helped Pebbles get her first 25...a few weeks ago...she out fished all the "sharpies" on the beach that night....will post a few pics when I get a chance.....

Hope life is treating you well...M8!
    Regards from me and Pebbles to you and your wife.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

I thought the same thing. ripplugger no offense but you are probably 1 of the legends that dark always talks about. you do seem to crush those fish! congrats and thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    My guess is you catch so many stripers that some guys might feel intimidated. You catch more stripers in one season than I have caught in 5 years! keep up the good work you really are a pro at catching bass. Tight lines
    I never thought of that idea.
    one does not need to be intimidated by me for any reason unless they mean me harm then I get the idea across without any misunderstanding.
    one of the reasons Monty and I started this thread was to create a large amount of images that those whom participate can go back and look at,see and then remember catching the fish in the shot as well as something for our history in fishing.
    personally,I like to look at an old fish pic and then go back remembering what I used,where I was and how it felt to catch.
    it's like a visual logbook of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    another important thing is experience,i have fished for bass with lures for 36 years and I learned every time I went out and kept the techniques I used to catch those fish.
    some of the guys I fished with since I was a kid will tell you if you ask them who do you know that can work a bucktail,,,they will say my name.
    same goes for a large piece of wood too.
    I am at a level now where I want to weed out the smaller fish and catch the larger fish.
    if that tech does not work on several nights then I will scale down because it is obvious there are no larger fish around.
    right now,it is time to take the big sticks off the rack and use them and use them I shall,thats what they are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    I thought the same thing. ripplugger no offense but you are probably 1 of the legends that dark always talks about. you do seem to crush those fish! congrats and thanks for sharing
    well,I am much humbled by someone speaking about me in such a good way.
    when it's time to fish,I fish and all my years of fishing I have spent many nights out there when no one else would try,I have lost many hours of sleep in this thing we do.
    when the bite is on and the pattern is on,I am there and I stay on them until it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

The thing that separates him from the rest of some of the other fishermen...is that when he DOES find fish, he exploits that pattern, night after night.... until it's done.

As a result he has some great numbers...but let's not forget all the hours he is putting in...
    Roddy, I have some nice pics from this year....I helped Pebbles get her first 25...a few weeks ago...she out fished all the "sharpies" on the beach that night....will post a few pics when I get a chance.....

you are totally correct.
    lots of guys go fishing but,they don't learn anything from the outing.
    I always do.
    I keep that in mind and in logbook.
    I learn an area and then use the knowledge to my advantage and hit it hard.
    when I make a plug,I make it with one idea in mind,,,not to be pretty and not to be intricate,I keep it simple and the other thing is size/action.
    some I want for digging down somewhat and then some I want for surface waggling then I could want a plug to do both so I build accordingly.
    I always watch some of the guys that look like they belong in a cabelas catalog and they don't catch any better because they have expensive gear.
    then I make them watch me slam some steel to meat.
    I hear them say what is he using?,,,some have even came over to see and they say "I can't believe these fish are hitting such a large plug".
    well,they are chasing bunkers and bunkers are big so,it's kinda a simple idea to go large and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

good work Pebbles did,she kicked ***.
    my wife will be getting out with me this coming week.
    thanks for the kind words and you keep pebbles out there with ya.

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast