Thread: be observant

Default be observant

I am sure I have seen this posted before but I want to remind the newbies to be observant of the fishermen around you. Watch what they are doing, how they retrieve, what lure they are using what distance they are casting. Watch for the birds, and bait. Be patient you time will come.

plugginpete- that's some great info worth repeating over and over again-for newbies and vets alike. Observing made be the easiest way of hooking up instead of just casting and retrieving blanks.

The one thing that needs to be included in this thread is that being observant does mean having a big mouth. When you are aware that fish are being caught at one particular spot do not blab it to every Tom, **** and Harry that you know. Especially via the cell phone. You will find out very quickly how crowded your spot will get and how difficult it is to pull one in if you are shoulder to shoulder with other guys. Be observant but keep quiet!

Default Blabbing,,,

thats right albiealert,some guys ruin a spot by blab.
    true striper men speak nothing about such a place except to their partner.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    t
    true striper men speak nothing about such a place except to their partner.

R-P
    Some don't even do that.

I have only been doing this a short time and have gleaned much information just by standing back and watching. I have seen guys catching many fish while I was skunked. Just take a step back and watch not only what they are throwing but where. Look for clues in the water that they are casting at. I have even asked questions, though not everyone would answer, and have gotten some great information.

Asking questions can also be the key. There are plenty of guys who will give no info or short answers. I think there are more guys who are willing to help out a fellow fisherman.

I have noticed if I am fishing a streatch of beach in the dead of night I will get more interaction from fellow fisherman. On the other hand, I have also noticed that when it's daytime and there are more guys around I won't even get a nod. Guys that know, don't want THE ENTIRE WORLD TO KNOW but, don't mind sharing with a few. Do you guys know what I mean?

I never fish in a crowded area. Normally in the dark. Most of the people I do see out there are very nice and share certain helpful information.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)