Thread: SafeBackyards.com: Animal Rights Hucksterism?

Default SafeBackyards.com: Animal Rights Hucksterism?

SafeBackyards.com is a campaign of the animal rights movement that has been fabricated to create public angst and browbeat NJ policy makers to prevent them from enacting a sound conservation bill. The OpEd at the link found below will provide facts about the merits of the bill and also peel back a layer of pretense that may well expose an ugly truth that SafeBackyards.com is meant to conceal.

SafeBackyards.com: Animal Rights Hucksterism?

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ani...cksterism.html

Ant
    Chair
    New Jersey Outdoor Alliance
    Anglers, hunters, trappers, conservationists

I read that, the NJARA looks like PETA central with a Muslim extremist twist to me. Bunch of freaking animal rights activists. I wonder, do they all live lifestyles that are absent from the use of animals? By that, I mean, do they not wear shoes, made of leather, or not eat any kind of meat or poultry products, or not drive cars, which pollute the atmosphere, and hurt people with the smog? Or would they rather animals rule the earth, and keep people in pens? Thanks for posting, apmaurosr.

I don't think the animal rights activists are fully aware of the uses of animals. Some of them just spout off at the mouth but like cowherder said they wear leather shoes.

Or would they rather animals rule the earth, and keep people in pens?
    Certainly seems that way doesn't it?

Ant

These folks suffer from a complete disconect from the natural order of life. As society "progresses" our children move further and further from the way nature and life in general works. The age of electronics has created a fantasy way of life, and fresh air with a little sweat for fun has become a part of ancient history.
    They buy cosmetics that deny animal testing, but at some point in the past every ingrediant was, just not the brand as a whole. I once participated in a debate about hunting in a grocery store, with a woman holding a pork roast. Total disconect of where that piece of meat came from, and how it got there. When I finished explaining the process of slaughtering a pig , as compared to the treatment and death of the deer I shoot, she walked away without a word to say further.
    I grew up riding my bike to fishing holes and learning how to outsmart a largemouth on its terms, hunting ducks with home made decoys, using a call, and building cammo'ed blinds. I undertood, and understand how the food chain works, because I am active in it.
    Theses people assume human emotion to food sources, giving them personalities and emotion that does not exist. If they had the abitity of true intelligence, would we catch a Striper that has multiple lip scars from previous releases? Would Deer stand in the middle of the road as you come at them with your truck, head lights flashing and horn blowing?
    Get a kid outdoors, teach them the ways of the outdoorsman, every chance you get. You will make the world a better place. Things they learn are honor, respect, and dignity. Sweat from a little hard work effort will take them through life in issues that have nothing to do with hunting or fishing as well.
    God is Great, Beer is Good, People are crazy.

Great insights. Thanks.

Ant