Thread: Sat Jun 6 Crow Hunting report

Jon, the link doesn't work, instead it brings you to that registration page.

Any way you could modify the link so people can see it? Thanks.

http://www.northcarolinapha.com/

Guess you have to be registered for the link to work. I'll just do you one better and post it here:

Ofer.

Went to my favorite spot.

My favorite spot.

Had what I think is a pine siskin sit in the tops of the pines right in front of me several times. Beautiful little songbird. Tried to get a picture of him but the camera battery pooped out. He reminded me of one reason why I shoot crows; crows love little songbirds for snacks.

My cat loves crows right back.

Set up Mr. Owl,

Mr. Owl. Tried to get a shot of him in the field but the camera battery ...well you know the drill.

and called in a couple of scouts. Did not shoot; they looked right at me and flew away. Continued to call but no dice.

The dog comes with.

Picked up the wife (the wife wanted to see what this hunting thing is all about, never having been before,) and proceeded to stands 2 and 3.

stand 2.

Set up Mr. Owl at stand 2; called in one scout (being harrassed by a small bird) who circled, then set up a hundred yards behind us, squawked a coupla times, and split. Did not take the shot because of the harassing bird. He's on my team.

set up at stand #3,

stand #3. still having technical difficulties with the camera.

left Mr. Owl under a bush, and called in a pair of bogeys.

taking the shot. Made the wife flinch : )

note nice follow through. still missed though.

So a big fat Ofer for the first outing of the season. Oh well; at least I feel like I learned a coupla things.

Upon returning, the wife said "Thanks for letting me in to your Man World." rofl

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    The dog comes with.

Picked up the wife (the wife wanted to see what this hunting thing is all about, never having been before,) and proceeded to stands 2 and 3. ....

least I feel like I learned a coupla things.

Upon returning, the wife said "Thanks for letting me in to your Man World." rofl
    I think I would rather let my wife into the "Man World" than take a step into the "Woman World", no? Your wife sounds like a trooper.
    That is a beautiful shot of your dog, john, suitable for framing. How old is the dog? Great report and pics, thanks for sharing.

nice dude but show us some blood in your next report

Steve, I'm not sure how old Chloe is. We got her at the pound 9 yrs ago, she was puppyish then, so I'd guess around 10. I'm very attached to her.

Chloe with Duck

w4f-hey I'm trying. awful rusty with the wingshooting though. crow season just reopened after 4 months. It'll take me a while for sure.