Thread: Another fine machine,,

Default Another fine machine,,

Omoto Hubilie 555-A3

3 BB,dog/ratchet AR,smooooth gears that are 50% thicker than most reels this size,light in weight.
    casts like the devil too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OMOTO%20HUBILIE%20BLACK-4.jpg  
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

rp that looks like all metal to me. Are their plastic pieces on that reel or it is all metal construction? Also, do you have and use one, you said it casts great, I wonder how it holds up under repeated use?

Default use one?

Howdy Storm,

oh yes,they are the same as the older generation abu's.Omoto made them for abu some years ago and copied them well,a bit anway.
    yeah,they are good.
    I'd reccommed one to any serious plugger.
    check out the thread Monty and I started a while back,I believe it's called "what are you using",,,
    if you want one just go on ebay and search Omoto Hubilie.

powerful,smooth and built with bronze gears and brass chrome plated frame.

I beat up on the big fish with my new Tica and a Hubilie 777-s3,totally kicked ***!

this is what I have from Omoto.
    1-hubilie 777-s3=7000 abu
    2-hubilie-666-a3=to a 6500 abu
    3-Jungle-5000=to the hubilie 555 just different outside and the same inside as an abu 5500.
    4-jungle-6000=to a 6500 abu
    got these before the season started.

Ray at stingraytackle will be getting some in soon,production has not started yet. but you can ask him about them,he's a true stand up guy like I am and a straight shooter.
    believe me,you will smile if you get one.
    Heck,just ask JimmyZ.

check this

:http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2868

go to www.stingraytackle.com and check out the Tigre series,it's just a rebaged newer model VS-10 and some with 2 speed too.
    oh,and to answer your question about plastic,only the levelwind gear is on the palm side.

R-P

Default Sweet looking reel.

Hey R.P.

What rod did you match up with that purdy reel?

Have you caught anything with it yet?

F.F.

Default rod?

Hey there Fluke Fighter,

well,I took a daiwa firewolf planerboard rod and cut off the spinning reel seat.I then added a trigger reel seat and some cork tape[3 layers].
    I made 4 of these custom lobbers.they are made of e-glass but can handle a heavy load.the cool part is that panerboard rods have casting guides already so,no need o strip and rewrap.oh yeah,I removed the bottom guide on 2 of them.
    the one you ask about is 8 foot 3,cut down on the butt from 9 foot 6.this one has the 5500 series on it.
    I sent you some pix today theres one with the chrome ming-yang CL-60 it it,the rod is one of the 4 and the same stick. gave it a workout this morning.
    the other 3 I left stock length.

as for what I caught with it so far,I took several in the mid-high teens with no problem.
    for serious plugging I would advise to use the 777-s3 or the 666-a3,the 777 is totally a serious winch that is forgiving and strong.
    the 666 is a serious winch as well but with a smaller size,like the size of an abu 6500 but half the money.
    just ask JimmyZ,I'm sure he'll second my words.

R-P