Thread: Rough water, muddy water, or calm water

Default Rough water, muddy water, or calm water

I have been trying to convince myself to go out in the last few days, and more than once have canned it because of the weather. I am not going to fish in a lightning storm because imo a fish isn't worth my life. I realize there are so many variables, but I wanted to ask the guys, specifically the guys who plug a lot, which of the above you prefer to plug in, and if while plugging your answer would be different for day or night. Thanks guys.

I have had good success in rough water at times. Its my preference big time over the others.
    I like wind in may face, incoming tide on the ocean side (bait pushed over a bar).
    Would rather have a chop in the water than the water looking like glass.
    White water presents oppurtunities.
    Day or night, I like these conditions.
    Ok, I love these conditions.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I never mind fishing in rough conditions. Before the storm or after. It does not matter.

Default some like it rough!

I love it when it's rough water,I use my heavy large pieces and swim them slow on top.
    since I tend to build my plugs like a ships hull that kind of water is what they are for.
    keeps them much more steady.
    drag them across,over,through and right in the rips,,damn,makes me drool,,,

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

I like the rougher water, when we are on the edge of a stormfront. For one, the storm stimulates the fish to feed. 2nd, the rough water lets fish be less spooky and more likely to hit what you are throwing at them.

Default Rough water

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I have had good success in rough water at times. Its my preference big time over the others.
    I like wind in may face, incoming tide on the ocean side (bait pushed over a bar).
    Would rather have a chop in the water than the water looking like glass.
    White water presents oppurtunities.
    Day or night, I like these conditions.
    Ok, I love these conditions.
    It also keeps the dillydocks at home.

Default Rough Water

I'll take the rough water too. Had some great nights with swimmers and many fun mornings with poppers. Yeah, gimme some water with good movement in it.

Plug the whitewater thats where the bait gets tumbled around and thats where the stripers pick off the bait.If its not to bad use a metal lip swimmer or needlefish.If it is real snotty big bottle plugs and bucktails.The more whitewater the better try to keep the lure on the back of the wave so it stays in the whitewater longer that is deeper water and less turbulent for the bass and blues to hold their position.