Thread: A little history lesson

Hybrid View

Good thread here, like the detailed stories. All you're missing is the guys sitting around in the bait shop smoking the cigars and pipes.

pipe.bmp

As I type this story, Charlie in fact is puffing Black cherry through an old Mirshaum, with a golden retrievers head for the pipes bowl, Dave continues to light unfiltered Luckies from the stub of the previous one, thumb and finger stained dark brown. Butch is drawing off a Phillies blunt, before the days of restuffing, and filling the room with a cloud of smoke with every exhale. The smell of a Zippo lighter on the beach, especially during a cold front or winter duck blind still sends shivers up my spine as all those old memories come flooding back. Can't forget the blue enamled coffee pot forever perking on an old coleman stove either. Then there's the canned bacon, the kind with the congield fat, dumped into the cast iron frying pan, then the eggs cooked in said fat on the tailgate of a pick up truck.
    God is Great, Beer is Good, People are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripercoast1 View Post
    As I type this story, Charlie in fact is puffing Black cherry through an old Mirshaum, with a golden retrievers head for the pipes bowl, Dave continues to light unfiltered Luckies from the stub of the previous one, thumb and finger stained dark brown. Butch is drawing off a Phillies blunt, before the days of restuffing, and filling the room with a cloud of smoke with every exhale. The smell of a Zippo lighter on the beach, especially during a cold front or winter duck blind still sends shivers up my spine as all those old memories come flooding back. Can't forget the blue enamled coffee pot forever perking on an old coleman stove either. Then there's the canned bacon, the kind with the congield fat, dumped into the cast iron frying pan, then the eggs cooked in said fat on the tailgate of a pick up truck.
    Eggs cooked on the tailgate of a pickup truck thats an awesome read I can smell the bacon sizzling after reading that. Thanks for sharing and for the history tutorial as well. Keep em coming!