Since it's in the forum title, I thought I'd start a thread about it.

I've fished with both, and own a second generation ZeeBaaS, single roller manual pickup. I fish the hell out of the Z and it has exceeded my expectations. It regularly spends at least 10 hours a week completely submerged while skishing and has operated flawlessly. Once, after opening it to check the grease, I didn't get the side plate thumb screw tight enough and got a tiny bit of water inside over the course of the next month, but that was my fault entirely. It is super easy to service myself, unlike a VS. Some folks with the dual rollers have complained about the line catching on a roller during the cast. I have NEVER had that problem with the single roller.

The main thing I didn't like about the VS reels that I've used was that they all seemed to be excessively stiff to crank. This really turned me off as I really like to feel the action of the plug or jig in the handle. Reeling the VS I felt disconnected from the plug and the stiffness was just plain annoying. They say that they loosen up over time, but both reels I tried were a couple years old, had been fished regularly, and were still way too stiff for me. Also, it sucks that they're now made in China. They shot themselves in the foot there, in my opinion.