Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A warm hello

Default A warm hello

Hello everyone,

I have finally decided to join the site. Some of you I have met and some I have not. Let me introduce myself. I am the girlfriend of Darkskies .

I love the sport of fishing and have been doing it since I was a little girl. The sad part is that I have never caught a striper. Well that is not all true. Last year I caught my first short and DS dropped it in the water before the picture could be taken. . Now he spends much of time trying to get me the fish of a lifetime.

My weakness is my cast. Some of you have tried to show me how to improve. For some reason no matter how much I try I can't seem to whip the rod like the big guys out there. My strength is my ability to "feel" the fish as it is about to take my line. I have a gentle touch and finesse. (That will make a great post strength and weaknesses!)

The biggest fish I caught was a 15lb bluefish. It tired me out so I am not too sure I would be able to pull in a 30 lb striper.

I have enjoyed reading the posts here. Some of you put up pretty incredible stories. I have learned alot from all of you and hope to meet you soon.

Tight lines and I'll see you on the beach.

Default Welcome

and a warm welcome to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Last year I caught my first short and DS dropped it in the water before the picture could be taken. . Now he spends much of time trying to get me the fish of a lifetime.

Yep, true story, Im such a dork sometimes, can't help myself! Must be the stars clouding my eyes when I'm around you. (How many points do I get for that one?)

Nice of ya to stop by and say Hello, welcome!

. I am the girlfriend of Darkskies .

My condolences. :
    I think Dark is an acquired taste, but he loves all kinds of fishing, and he's never at a loss in a conversation. Welcome to the site anyway, Pebbles.

Hi Pebbles!

Welcome aboard Pebbles!

Hey Pebbles, welcome!

Welcome aboard Pebbles, anyone from Dark's side has to be good people. So when are you two getting married?

Welcome Pebbles, catching a 15 pound blue fish is an acomplishment. They are very strong, powerful fish.
    Great to have ya aboard!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Welcome to the site Pebblesyou have a great guy

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Hello Pebbles, and welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I have some serious family stuff going on right now, so I won't be on too often. Fishing is off for me for about a month. Say some prayers PLEASE!!

Default Done

You got 'em

My strength is my ability to "feel" the fish as it is about to take my line. I have a gentle touch and finesse. (That will make a great post strength and weaknesses!)
    There are times when a woman will outfish a man because of the extra finesse she has. Some of the best fly fishers in the world are women. Dark has done some great things with this site, imo and I am glad to be here at S&A. Welcome aboard, we look forward to your posts, Pebbles. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

Welcome Pebbles. Hope things work out ok with your family.

hay Pebbles, sup. darks ok if you like goofy guys, tell him he should fish wit us more he spends too much time inside looks like a vampire.

How do, Pebbles! I like this site, DS does a good job, and I hope to meet both of you folks out there someday! Sorry to hear about the family thing, and I hope it gets better.

Hello Pebbles, glad to have you join us! Prayers that your family matters work out, welcome.

Hi Pebbles. welcome to the site.

Hi Pebbles this is a great site, Dark is going a stand-up job. I like S&A, I hope you will like it here as well. Good luck with the family issues thing, if it's not one thing it's another nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast