Thread: Okuma Avenger troubleshooting....

Question Okuma Avenger troubleshooting....

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my Okuma Avenger ABF50. I can open the bail and make a cast perfectly, but when I attempt to reel and close the bail, I REALLY have to turn hard for the bail to finally click closed. Any ideas how to mend this??

I don't know anything about reels but over the weekend I learned how to open up a reel and put grease on the gears to make it work better. Maybe you have to do something like that. I'll do a search for you later to see if I come up with anything for to give you a hand. There are some great guys here. Hopefully someone will chime in and put up suggestions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoptankFishfinder View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my Okuma Avenger ABF50. I can open the bail and make a cast perfectly, but when I attempt to reel and close the bail, I REALLY have to turn hard for the bail to finally click closed. Any ideas how to mend this??
    Bail trip needs grease,if it's that hard I'd leave it and close bail by hand which is better to do on any spinner. the reason I say leave it is you will never snap off a plug by bail snapping shut. people who close bail by turning handle are usually the ones that complain about bails closing on the cast because they have worn out the bail trip and don't know it

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again