Thread: new set up help

Default new set up help

I'm thinking about getting my nephew a new reel or complete set up for freshwater fishing. Does anyone have any recommendations? There is a cabalas near here. He's had a tough couple of months helping his mom, my sis, and thought I could get him something, which is well deserved. Thanks in advance.

Cabela's usually carries some nice Shimano reels. You'll be able to pick up a decent spin combo for under $100. That's a nice gesture you are making. More than one guy here has had his life altered in a very positive way by getting into fishing.

Let us know how you do!

Thanks Mick, I am going there this week. Sis is still in the hospital, has been here for almost 2 weeks now. Her son if not working sits in the hospital with me. So sad for a young man to see his mom so sick. He is 26 going on 40. I wish I could do more for him.

Thanks again for the help.

DS -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Her son if not working sits in the hospital with me. So sad for a young man to see his mom so sick. He is 26 going on 40. I wish I could do more for him.

That's a tough position for any young man to be in, I'm sorry to hear that. When you get him that setup, pm or e-mail me. I would be glad to send a few freshwater lures to start or add to his collection.