Thread: Lets build a rod!

Default Lets build a rod!

I decided to move this to a thread all it's own.
    In the coming days I will be getting a rod set up and wrapped in the style I do it. Some experianced rod builders may disagree with some of my methods. I am still stuck on some of the old school principles. My methods produce a rod that not only maximizes casting distance for the user, but excells at "fishability". that means the action is tuned for the fight. If the rod can't handle a fish, a cast beyond the horizon is worthless.
    I will be building this rod and thread in the coming days, take a seat, sit back and relax, I'll show you a few things that might spur you to take up a very satifying hobby.
    God is Great, Beer is Good, People are crazy.

Great, I am looking forward to this thread. I may build a rod over the winter.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Something I always wanted to try. Thanks for deciding to post it.

Built a few rods many eons ago, want to get back in. Looking forward to the growth of this site.
    Fossil on the side

Been building rods since 1972 and presently do building and repairs for 2 shops. Got any questions give me a shout

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I found an old rod with the posts missing up in my dad's attic. I want to try and repair it. Is there a specific measured amount of space between the posts? Any help is appreciated.