Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Skool metal mother******* thread!!!

Default Old Skool metal mother******* thread!!!

Is there a theme here? Or just a bunch of random old skool videos? I might have an answer in a week or so... Any of you other metal freaks got something to throw down let's see it!!!

Manowar

Hold your head up high
    Raise your fist up in the air
    Play metal louder than hell
    Louder than hell

They can't stop us
    Let 'em try
    For heavy metal
    We would die!

Kreator

Angel Dust, they say the lead singer sounds like a little like Malmsteen or Dio.

Default The Metal Life

Hmm,where do I start,I guess at the beginning.
    metal music is NOT just music and trying to look/sound cool,it is an entire lifestyle.
    posers are the ones that do it to look/sound cool,true metal warriors[like myself] live it and develop an identity from it.
    since I was 13 years old Black Sabbath was the pilot light for me,I do remember hearing some Cream and some old Iron Butterfly but,that was just kindling.
    bands such as:
    Death
    Dark Angel
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Angelwitch
    Prong
    Testament
    King Diamond
    Mercyful Fate
    Exciter
    Armored Saint
    Slayer
    Deicide
    Venom
    Celtic Frost
    HellHammer
    Apocalyptic Raids
    Hate Eternal
    Enslaved
    Kreator
    Tankard
    Angel Dust
    Man-O-War
    Wild Dogs
    Hate
    Ulysses Siren
    WarningSF
    God Dethroned
    Dimmu Borgir[translation: black castle]
    Kalopsia[New Jersey's very own]
    Funebrarum[New jersey's very own]
    BloodFeast[New Jersey's very own]
    Oz
    Denata
    Freevil
    Witchery
    Seance
    In Aeternum
    Azagal
    Chemikiller
    Laaz Rockit
    Pavor
    Sodom
    Just to name a few from my head,too many to list here.
    It was demin/leather and doing it your way.

I had a dream years back,to play a guitar,then be in a band,then play live on stage.
    one day like this one,I asked my friend Frank Jasinski about the idea,he was totally with it.
    frank loved drums but,never played,I love guitars/bass but,never played.

Frank bought a premier kit,I bought a cheap guitar called memphis + the amp[30 watts].
    I then saw an offer for a guitar lesson system called "the metal method" by doug marks who had the randy rhodes style/look.
    I bought it in october,I was 18 years old,Frank was just turning 18.
    I practiced and followed the structure of the lesson.
    in a few days I was doing chords!
    still I persisted forward,learning and practicing.
    over winter we both studied our intsruments.
    when May came,we hooked up in this small storage spot with electrical outlets.
    we played together for 2 months and even wrote some songs together.
    it was working!!
    in August we had out **** down,we needed a bassist.
    this young guy Dave came in and we showed him what we were doing and he fell right in.
    he learned our songs and such,it went great.

tis metal club we hung out at called The brick&wood cafe held metal shows there every week.
    we gave the owner a tape of a raw,rough metal track.
    he called us to play in october!!
    we played with a band from Mass called Psycho and another from New Your called malfunction.
    they were as heavy as we were and it went great.

my gear was a bit lacking,my newest amp was just 40 watts but,had a huge speaker.when it was miked it sounded like thunder!!.
    we bashed out 5 thrashing songs of our own and the crowd freaked out,stage diving,headbanging mosh pit,you name it.
    even the other bands were moshing to us,we were in our glory.
    heres my gear list
    1-1977 Ibanez Flying-V in clear Black cherry/white pickguard
    dual Dimarzio double coil humbucker pickups,HRS strings

2-1986 Ibanez Roadstar-2 black/black pickguard,Seymour-Duncan Shredder pickups in the bridge position.D'Addario strings

3-amplification Peavy studio Pro-40 also a peavey VTW-120 full stack with groove tubes and ventilation fan added.

4-effects-1 DOD pre amp distortion,1 Boss stereo chorus,Boss HM-1 heavy metal,DOD turbo overdrive and of course a 1988 CryBaby wah.

thats what I used for my killer sound.
    at first we played thrash but soon we dabbled in Dark Metal or Blackmetal as they call it nowadayz.
    it was the BEST time of my life,chicks,reputation and living the metal life without the drugs and all the cool ****!

if you listen to your local radio station,you are hearing what they want you to hear!
    My kind of music is played only on college stations since they are not commercial.you can listen in and make requests to my metal radio show,
    Scott & Roddy's Dark Intentions at WNHU.net
    Or if you are close enough WNHU 88.7 fm,we play only the heaviest in underground metal music and we are non-commercial!
    our segment is 12 midnight till 2 am saturday nights so,come listen to what YOU want to hear!!!

Bang Your Head!
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Default vox

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Angel Dust, they say the lead singer sounds like a little like Malmsteen or Dio.

IMHO,the vox man from Angel dust I know sounds nothing like RJD,
    he has the accent from his homeland Germany.
    perhaps now he may unless the vox man is now a diff person.

R-P

RP you're way ahead of me. I was gonna post all the bands you mentioned in the PM's, but now you made an even bigger list!

I'm still looking for youtube videos of your band, anyone has any links to Evil Angel let's see em! In the meantime, maybe we'll call this the Old Skool metal mother******* thread. Post up what ya got, let's see if we can keep this going!

Death... an old girlfriend's brother used to play base for Chuck Schuldiner. Of course, Chuck changed band members every year or so, so that's the way it went.

RIP Chuck, you died way before your time.

Scream bloody gore, live Tampa, when they were first getting known. You really can't appreciate this stuff unless you were there in these small clubs where they played. I also saw them at Obsessions in Randolph, which I think is now a Go Go place.

how about Motorhead, can't get any more old school than that?

Default metal

RP you're way ahead of me. I was gonna post all the bands you mentioned in the PM's, but now you made an even bigger list!

I'm still looking for youtube videos of your band, anyone has any links to Evil Angel let's see em! In the meantime, maybe we'll call this the Old Skool metal mother******* thread. Post up what ya got, let's see if we can keep this going!

Death... an old girlfriend's brother used to play base for Chuck Schuldiner. Of course, Chuck changed band members every year or so, so that's the way it went.

RIP Chuck, you died way before your time.

Scream bloody gore, live Tampa, when they were first getting known. You really can't appreciate this stuff unless you were there in these small clubs where they played. I also saw them at Obsessions in Randolph, which I think is now a Go Go place.
    I saw Death at the very same club I ended up playing at a year later.it was intense,evil and very fast.this was during the Leprosy tour.
    another of my fave band was playing with them Dark Angel.

since many of the bands from that time have stopped and come back[Destruction,Kreator,Angel Dust],another has just returned with a brand new album.the german thrash band TANKARD has returned and has a new album out.we just got it at our station.
    man there are so many bands most metalhaeds have never haerd of,if you look at the BNR metal pages,you can find out about SO many geat acts.
    forget the radio exept staions like seton halls station,our station WNHU 88.7 fm and others,the radio plays what they want you to hear,mainstream music.
    I have y own mind,ideals and music style.I can find my music.

funny thing.
    A fellow metalhead and the guitarist of Witchery/Seance Patrick Jensen was approached by an MTV reported at a small club after Witchery's set,the reporter asked Him "how did your set go?",,Jensesn said,"what are you doing here?,,you guys don't play our kind of music!,get out of here,**** you and **** MTV!!!"

MTV started with us and ended against us,headbangers ball.Ricky Racktman,remember those days??

R-P

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    funny thing.
    A fellow metalhead and the guitarist of Witchery/Seance Patrick Jensen was approached by an MTV reported at a small club after Witchery's set,the reporter asked Him "how did your set go?",,Jensesn said,"what are you doing here?,,you guys don't play our kind of music!,get out of here,**** you and **** MTV!!!"

MTV started with us and ended against us,headbangers ball.Ricky Racktman,remember those days??

R-P
    eff MTV, it's so lame now the best they can do is some bubblegum and emo stuff, MTV is nothing like what it used to be, headbangers ball ruled!! Now MTV is corporate, just like some of the fishin sites out there.
    Here's some Angel witch. I think they were technically competent, but the rumor is they drank too much and lost the audition to be the opening act for Maiden. They faded out from that point IMO.

Default Rip plugger's list

I did like Prong, though. Seen them a coupla times.

Default Scott and Roddy's Dark Intentions @ www.WNHU.net

Sun nights 12-2am,

"Scott & Roddy's Dark Intentions at www.WNHU.net
    Or if you are close enough WNHU 88.7 fm,we play only the heaviest in underground metal music and we are non-commercial!
    our segment is 12 midnight till 2 am saturday nights so,come listen to what YOU want to hear!!!"

http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=show/dark-intentions

Hosted by Scott Lavery and Roddy
    Dark Intentions airs Sundays from 12am-2am only on WNHU!

I was supposed to play Obsessions once. Drove all the way down there on Memorial Day weekend from LI. Not fun. We walk in and the place is PACKED to the gills. We were so psyched. It was supposed to be 3 local bands then some death metal band from Philly and then us. As soon as the local bands went off half the people left. The other band had not shown up yet and the club was holding off on putting us on for some reason. After 20 minutes they showed up then started setting up which took them a little over a half hour. At this point there were 5 people in the club. Just before they were to start playing we went up on stage, pulled off our back line told the club manager to **** off over the mic and left.

OK, so ya played Obsessions, or tried to, life goes on. That place died a slow painful death anyway. They tried to make it work after that as a go go joint, but the other place on Rt 10 was too much competition, and they crashed.

What I wanna know is....

What was the name of your band?

Any youtube links that we can post up?

Let's hear some other stories about the places you played and rocked at (if there are any) Can't be all bad experiences you guys had.

The name of the band was Killbox and we were a bit of deathmetal with some metalcore mixed in. We were good but the singer wasn't the best.

We played a ton of shows on the island and a few in the city.

We did Lamours (RIP) quite a few times. One time there was really funny. Somehow we were booked as the middle band between a hair band and Slippery When Wet, a Jon Bon Blow Me cover band. We played our full set with all these gay *** dudes yelling at us and throwing ****. I guess we were a bit too heavy for them. The best thing was that the place was full of chicks. As long as you played an instrument they were all over you. Stupid sluts

I do have a VHS tape somewhere of our first show at Lamour. I will try and hunt it down and see if I can get it on my computer.

Default New Band news!!,,

A new technical thrash band has risen from the boiling depths,,,it is led by a veteran etal monster with a pedigree in the metal way of life.
    this band is from New Jersey and this horde is called:,,,,Fire From The Altar!.
    their brand new EP has just been released and has 4 tracks of great musicianship along with grand execution.
    all 4 tracks are desirable and offer one a chance to form a mosh pit anywhere you play this new disc.

The frontman of FIRE FROM THE ALTAR is non other Than Matt Medieros of KALOPSIA[bass/vokills] also of New Jersey's incredibly evil/sick FUNEBRARUM[guitars].
    on this epic EP Matt is doing the banshee Vox which comes easy when you are a veteran metalhead.

We played half of this EP last weekend on our radio show and will do the other half on this upcoming show.

Fire From The Altar is:

Matt Medieros-Vox

John Stanley-Guitars

Chris "Crumbs" Koniecko-Drums

Jason Koniecko-Guitars

Brandon Hess-Bass

you can check out this great band at Myspace.com/firefromthealtar

you won't regret it,,,
    Thrash or die,,,

R-P

RP, I looked for them on youtube and couldn't find anything. Any links where we could post up some videos?

They're from Hillsborough, NJ!

Fire from the Altar - New EP Out Now!
    Metal / Thrash / Death Metal

What witchcraft could carve such evil?

HILLSBOROUGH, New Jersey
    United States

Profile Views: 13378

Is there a theme here? Or just a bunch of random old skool videos? I might have an answer in a week or so... Any of you other metal freaks got something to throw down let's see it!!!

Manowar

Hold your head up high
    Raise your fist up in the air
    Play metal louder than hell
    Louder than hell

They can't stop us
    Let 'em try
    For heavy metal
    We would die!
    I seen Manowar 2 times at Lamour's in Brooklyn in 1983 or 1984. I love that song "Gloves of metal".

I also seen:
    Celtic Frost
    Mercyful Fate
    King Dimond
    Overkill
    Accept
    Metallica (my favorite band)
    Anvil
    exciter (I think, I don't remember. I was brain dead)
    SOD
    I will add more when I start remebering.

Bands I listen to that I didn't see live.:
    Dark Angel
    Slayer
    Motor Head
    venom
    Anthrax
    AC/DC (when I was in JHS this band was my favorite)
    Many more I'll list them later.

How many people remember Jim Carrey with Cannibal Corpse?

Default Grindcore

Napalm Death, one of the originators of grindcore...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast