Thank you all for your help on this .....I sat down and went over the Reel once again and this time I really cleaned it well. Upon removing all the "grease" I noticed 2 things ...(1) the slide and the Pivot Gear were binding a little...upon closer look, the Pin that the Pivot Gear went on was loose. (2) I also noticed that the Driving gear was missing 1/2 of a tooth, which I think most likely goes back to the loose pin that the Pivot Gear sat on.....So in conclusion...I found a nice guy on Ebay that had gear sets for sale for a very reasonable price and for under 20 bucks I have replaced all the parts and the Reel is working again. I have had this Reel for 27 years and only retired it because me 3 sons bought me a Pflueger Reel for Fathers day .....I still like my Mitchell though...even though the new reel is smooth as can be....I just don't seem to like the feel of it......now I may retire it and use the good old Mitchell again since it it working great again. Maybe some day I will pass it down to one of my boys. Thanks again for your help, and keep fishin!!