I am a Newby and found this site by Google. I was looking for help with my old Mitchell Reel that my son had used and damaged. Forum was of great help!! It is nice that people can help one another to solve problems.

I live and do quite a bit of my fishing in the southern Lake Huron Area. I have 2 worlds to use, both the Lake as well as the River and not too far south is the smaller Lake St. Clair which is another good fishing area. I got into fishing because of my dad. He would take my brother and I out in his little 12 foot boat with a 9.9 Johnson on it. I guess growing up near the lake and river has kept the fishing part going. Sometimes though we take for granted the things that we have near.....there were a few years when fishing was hard to get time to do.....but when things went bad with the first marriage, to relax I started sitting with a pole and even though nothing would bite sometimes....it was still nice to do. We have a diversity of fish in our area from Bass, salmon, trout, walleye, Perch, catfish, sheepshead(freshwater drum), carp, Pike and the odd Muskie....even Sturgeon but those are now a Protected fish in Ontario... and lots of Gobies that are a pain in the butt. I have 3 sons and we try to get out fishing when we can. I just picked up a small 12 footer myself and hope to get out in it more with my boys. Thanks for hosting this site and keep on fishing!