Thread: new guy

Default new guy

hey fellas, im Scone and im a newbie so please be gentle.

Wassup Sconie!

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Welcome Scone, There are nothing but gentle lions here. How about details about your fishing background?

I grew up fishing on a small pond in NJ. Loved it ever since.

sup ya goog!

FYI,,, Scone is only a newbie to the site, not to surfcasting. He's the Sargent at Arms for the National Chapter of Stripercoast Surfcasters Club, and a damn good fisherman and plug builder

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Default Welcome

Welcome to the site scone, look forward to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Welcome Scone, There are nothing but gentle lions here. How about details about your fishing background?

I grew up fishing on a small pond in NJ. Loved it ever since.
    thanks pebbles.started prowlin the rivers and streams of northern ct for trout 45 years ago with a bamboo rod and a throw line. gentle lions? hahahaha. i already know some of these clowns and there isnt anything gentle about em.
    now, speaking of clowns, where's your ugly half? he starts a site and doesn't invite me!
    hey jake good to see you're back in action.
    hey surf. i got your goog Johnny!
    Last edited by scone; 08-05-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: forgot

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Shee-ite, here we go now!
    The gang is almost completely here for the take over!
    Scone makes a nasty darter by the way, if you ever get a chance to hoe his plug bag, thats the one you want to slip away with.
    God is Great, Beer is Good, People are crazy.

hey brutha, hopin things have finally leveled off and i can get out more. fresh batch of maple yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by scone View Post
    gentle lions? hahahaha. i already know some of these clowns and there isnt anything gentle about em.
    now, speaking of clowns, where's your ugly half? he starts a site and doesn't invite me!
    I woulda invited ya, bro, but you splained to me how you didn't have time for internet crap, you were too busy fishin!

A big welcome to scone, he's a great guy to know. When you first meet him you get a sense that you wouldn't want to meet him in an alley in a dark night when he was in a bad mood.

He's got the face of someone who's been in more than his share of bar fights, maybe that's why they picked him for Sgt at Arms for Stripercoast Surfcasters.

But he's got a wicked funny sense of humor, great guy to hang out and talk to. Not only that, the guy has a good head on his shoulders, knows how to write letters and effectively communicate to those in power about fishermen issues, and is a fanatic about the future of fishing.

Of course, he doesn't want a lot of people to know all that good stuff about him. I think he likes the role of "scary maniac surf fanatic" a lot better.

My point here is don't judge a book by it's cover. It was only after I got a chance to BS with him for a bit that I got to see the bigger picture of who he is, and what he believes in.

In the meantime, if ya ever get a chance to fish with Scone, Stripercoast1, or Jake, do everything you can to make it happen. You will be fishin with a group of guys to whom surf fishin is sacred, almost like a religion. Can't find more dedicated people than that, they're truly hardcore.

Welcome to Stripers and anglers, scone. There a cool bunch of fishermen here, I learned a lot from them, look forward to your posts!

Welcome scone!

Scone, welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by scone View Post
    thanks pebbles.started prowlin the rivers and streams of northern ct for trout 45 years ago with a bamboo rod and a throw line. gentle lions? hahahaha. i already know some of these clowns and there isnt anything gentle about em.
    hey jake good to see you're back in action.
    hey surf. i got your goog Johnny!
    "45 years ago with a bambo rod" I bet you still have that rod somewhere.

My ugly half invites all. However I do differ on the ugly half part . Over the years he has taught me much about fishing. Which I have loved ever since a small child. I started fishing in a pond and whenever I went out of state to visit family I fished on lakes. Dark hooked me up with surf fishing and now I can't get enough of it.

sorry to say i no longer have that rod Pebbles. i'll stick by the ugly half thing (even though i haven't met you, i have met him)
    anyway,glad to be here and i hope to have the chance to wet a line with many of you.