Thread: Whats Up

Default Whats Up

My Nick Name is Jackbass here and other locations people May have seen me.

Started Fishing when I was young 5 years old nailed my first bluegill on a banana with a zebco and I was hooked. :

Since then i have graduated to the level I am at now, I still know very little in the grand scheme of things of fish behavior feeding patterns and how to catch them. I learn something new every trip and there are plenty of them.

I have fished the Flats with a fly. I have fished deep water with trolling and jigging gear. I have crawled around in brooks with a can of worms pulling in brook trout. It is my favorite thing in the world to do and I wouldn't give it up for anyone.

Now I fish the Surf almost exclusively 98% I am hooked. There is nothing in the world like standing on a point and having white water around your ankles knees and feeling salt in your face for me at this point. Watching current take a plug or lure into the wash and having it disappear on a tight line with a boil or crash is what it is all about.

I look forward to getting to know the People in here and sharing and comparing knowledge and hopefully someday standing in the wash with some of you.

Bass Wishes
    Last edited by Jackbass; 08-06-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: I didn't want my intro to be grammatically incorrect

Default Welcome

Jackbass-welcome to the site, looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome aboard Jackass,,,, I mean Jackbass
    Good to see ya here.

Now,,,,, bend over...

There.... initiation complete.

Carry on

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Welcome jackbass!

Jumpin Jackbass, welcome
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

there he is... probly the best opening new guy post of all time. im guna save that one on word and modify it for the next angling site

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Good to see ya here.

Now,,,,, bend over...

Carry on
    I figured that would come someday! Lets Go kill a Maine skunk tonight Brother.

I'm itching to get out of here. What time are you leaving?
    I can't get out of work until 6, but the truck is packed and ready to go.

Traffic through Boston could be brutal tonight,,, it's usually a 3 hour drive for me if traffic doesn't slow me down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
    My Nick Name is Jackbass here and other locations people May have seen me.

Started Fishing when I was young 5 years old nailed my first bluegill on a banana with a zebco and I was hooked. :

...... I learn something new every trip and there are plenty of them.

Now I fish the Surf almost exclusively 98% I am hooked. There is nothing in the world like standing on a point and having white water around your ankles knees and feeling salt in your face for me at this point. Watching current take a plug or lure into the wash and having it disappear on a tight line with a boil or crash is what it is all about.

Bass Wishes

Hey Jackbass what's up!

Your post to me crystallizes what it's like to be out there. A lot of people don't get that and wouldn't understand, but then there are those of us to whom your words say it all. Great first post.

I like to think we're all learning at every stage of our lives, the only difference being that as we get older maybe we're lucky to pass some of that knowledge back to others.

"Bluegill on banana" great story, I remember as a kid going for sunnies with worms, seeing a pickerel with a sunny in it's mouth and trying like hell to catch that big pickerel. I probably realized at that time that catching big predators was an adrenaline rush that I couldn't get enough of.

This thing we love to do draws people together from all walks of life..... respect and love of the outdoors, and a desire to learn, is all ya need. Welcome aboard, look forward to fishin with ya one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Jumpin Jackbass, welcome
    From the Rolling Stones? Hey welcome Jackbass!

Welcome aboard Jack. Look forward to your future posts.

Welcome to stripers and anglers, Jackbass.

Welsome to S&A Jackbass! This is a great group of fishermen, they helped me catch my first keeper bass, and they aren't elitist or holier than thou like some of the other places. I really liked your first post, there is nothing better than being out and fishing the surf, whether you catch fish or not.

Your first post was great, look forward to more from you. Hi, jackbass!

Welcome jackbass . There are some good guys here. Looking forward to learning from the posts you put up.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Good to see ya here.

Now,,,,, bend over...

Carry on
    No No No, you had it right the 1st time. The "B" in his name is silent.

Hey Doublerunner, welcome!

Introduce yourself, where do you fish, what is the biggest bass you ever caught?

Quote Originally Posted by plugaholic View Post
    Hey Doublerunner, welcome!

Introduce yourself, where do you fish, what is the biggest bass you ever caught?
    Hey plugaholic. I will fish just about anywhere. This year I have fished in Mass, RI, Ct, and NY

In Feb I will be doing some fishing in the mangroves of southwest florida for tripletail and snook. Maybe some redfish also

Biggest thus far is 41 inches

Hi Doulerunner, You got to try barracuda on the flats. There will be alot of them sunning them self. afew real large ones. I don't know about south west, but biscayne, and the keys should be good. I'm going in July. I have to wait for the kids to get out of school. April, May is the best time.